Defensive Carry banner

1 - 20 of 33 Posts

·
Registered
17,352 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Well headed to the range with this new Glock today what a Ball to shoot.

Had some Corbon powerball 135's about 1400F.P.S.

http://corbon.com/

Picked up some remington 180 rounds at the range.

Now the 10mm frame is the same size as the G-21 or 45acp Frame so it is Big.

Surprising for my hands it fits almost like a glove.

Loaded up the Rem's and ran target out to 15 yards and started shooting and ate the center out of the target with the first 15 rounds Recoil Tame sound well um seemed louder than the 44mag next to me but from all the smoke and sound his 44mag rounds were loaded like 38's

Went though a box or Rem's and ho hum yawn Dang thing was accurate i pointed shot and bullet went to x ring YAWN.

Now we switch over to the Corbon Powerball

http://corbon.com/

Well when touching one of these off ya know something exciting is happening Recoil is a little more but not much any ways but wow the boom and the flames add to the fun and ya get questions like

" What was that" Its a 10mm "You mean a 9mm Right?" Nope i do believe i said 10.

"Hows that compare to the 380 im shooting " Your kidding my Right ..

"Well 10mm cant be nothing better than the 9mm and i carry a fore-ty for the power.." Um hey Dweeb 10mm is a 40 and longer for more power duh ..

I tell ya the mall ninjas are to much fun at the Range

Only ran round 75 though it today but i would carry it soon as holster comes in great gun.

Nice having 15+1 rounds of 10mm Sure i could go with the 40 Short and Weak and get 15+1 and will for a Bathroom gun.

Other than the Corbons it was Quite boring to shoot Accurate as i need.

Only change i will make is probley Night Sights Thinking some Ameri-Glo Ghost Rings

Maybe a 3.5 connector a nice 4-4.5 trigger pull would make it even more boring to shoot.

·
Premium Member
25,483 Posts
Great report Bud - plenty of grins!!!

Gotta say - 15+1 of those babies, really means you're packing a whole lunch - not just a breakfast - impressive.

Ammo costs? Bit high aren't they?

·
Registered
155 Posts
10mm is a great cartridge. If you realy want to feel some recoil, get your hands on some Doulbe Tap 10mm loads. I have to warn you, they are the real 10mm loads(so they are hotter than anything you can buy right off the shelf). You are going to have to get heavier recoil spring from Wolff(If I were you, I would get the steel guide rod to go with the heavier springs). I have to get the Wolff Steel Guide Rod for my G20. I shoot Double tap out of my Witness 10mm.

Here's Double Taps website;
http://www.doubletapammo.com/php/catalog/index.php?cPath=21_25

·
Registered
6,868 Posts

·
Registered
6,750 Posts
Heyyyyyyyyyyy Bud!! GREAT REPORT! Glad to see ya like that 10MM Glock!...........I'll keep my eyes open for a 357 Sig BBl for ya, as well as the Peirce +2 Mag extentions for that cannon, so ya can add a couple extra boomers for the BGs.. I have the +2s on my G29 and they work well. (gives me 12 in the mag 1 in the pipe) Sooooooo that would give you 15+1 in yours!
The 10 mm DOES make a louder boom when next to the 44 for some reason. (the 357Sig Ctg make the same sound) Lotsa flash too!.......
BTW........got your link to that auction on the Slide...........gonna wait til the end and see if I can snag it for a little less........

·
Registered
17,352 Posts
Discussion Starter #8
yeah ive got the link to doubletap and have shot some not in my gun but in another 10mm long ago it seems cant wait to start handloading

·
Registered
1,843 Posts
My hunting buddy carries a G20 on our "pistols only this trip" into the very thick river swamps of NW Fla. His is set up the way that you posted above (ghost ring,3.5.etc.) He has a good supply of the 200gr black box Black Talons that he uses.I have seen him hit some pretty large hogs(185ish is his biggest) and they always go down. The bullet always goes all the way through also. I have shot his 20 at the range quite a bit. We still always argue weather the recoil is stiffer than a +P,.45. I think not. Anyway, it's a great weapon,hits hard,and ALWAYS goes bang. Now if Glock would only make a mid size,single stack,in 10mm. WOW !! --------

·
Registered
2,034 Posts
I am thinking of a DW in 10mm myself after seeing the Pointman in .45 posted a week or so ago.

Ti

·
Registered
6,868 Posts
Dan Wesson is a hero in my eyes since they took off where Colt left off with the Delta Elite...bringing us 10mm fans a 1911 10mm.

My first 10mm is a Dan Wesson 1911....it's a really good gun.

·
Premium Member
313 Posts
Glad you like your G20. I had one, and I liked it quite a lot, but I decided awhile back to just stick with one grip angle - the most comfortable for me, and let the others go (I'm most comfortable with 1911s and BHPs).

Good point about factory 10mm ammo being a bit benign - I shot both .40 and 10mm out of my G20 (yea, I know, headspacing and long-term extractor issues), and frankly, I couldn't tell much of difference.

A Delta Elite has been mentioned, and I had lusted after those for a long time. In fact, I supposed I still do, but I went a different route, choosing instead a 1911 with a .460 Rowland kit. Supposedly, the .460 is a real thumper. Have lost my guide rod for the kit though, so I have not had a chance to start in on that case of ammo I bought for it yet.

Best,
Jon

·
Registered
17,352 Posts
Discussion Starter #14
i must be one of the luckly ones i can shoot the Glock then Switch right away to a 1911 with no problems and then switch to a wheelie the grip angle doesnt bother me at all ..

I know lot of people dont like it

·
Premium Member
313 Posts
Bud White said:
i must be one of the luckly ones i can shoot the Glock then Switch right away to a 1911 with no problems and then switch to a wheelie the grip angle doesnt bother me at all ..

I know lot of people dont like it
Oh, don't get me wrong - I liked the pistol just fine. I found, though, that the grip just never felt comfortable. As a result, I was slower, and then when I sped up, I'd hit high. Dunno.

Best,
Jon

·
Registered
17,352 Posts
Discussion Starter #16
BigJon said:
Oh, don't get me wrong - I liked the pistol just fine. I found, though, that the grip just never felt comfortable. As a result, I was slower, and then when I sped up, I'd hit high. Dunno.

Best,
Jon
i understand what your saying im just saying i can switch and not have a problem .. it doesnt bother me and i can still shoot POA

·
Registered
1,843 Posts
BigJon, Let us know how that Rowland kit works. I have a "spare" Colt that I have been thinking about doing the Rowland thing to. .44 Mag power in a 1911 framed weapon is interesting to me. Have yet to actually talk to a Rowland owner/shooter for all the details. Any other ammo supplier than Georgia Arms ? --------

·
Registered
6,750 Posts
I'm waiting for another Delta 10 MM to come into the store.............s I can scoop it up.............. I had one waaaaaaaaaay back when they first came out...........loved it, and traded it away for something else..........

·
Registered
17,352 Posts
Discussion Starter #19
CLASS3NH said:
I'm waiting for another Delta 10 MM to come into the store.............s I can scoop it up.............. I had one waaaaaaaaaay back when they first came out...........loved it, and traded it away for something else..........
Now why would you have done a thing like that?

·
Registered
6,011 Posts
Idea!

Bud White said:
Now why would you have done a thing like that?

That gives me an idea for a new thread!

1 - 20 of 33 Posts