Defensive Carry banner

1 - 20 of 66 Posts

·
Registered
113 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I know there are a ton of Glock owners out there, and was wondering what types of mods you have done and what the results were. I have been looking at the 3.5 lb trigger pull and a new recoil spring, and perhaps an extended mag release. Any feedback would be helpful!

·
Registered
3,210 Posts
Just the basics. Added an extended slide release, an extended slide lock lever, on some added an extended mag release, XS big dot sights and oh, ya, made it full auto. :rofl:

·
Registered
2,602 Posts
For SD, I would leave it like it is. IMHO, better not to modify if you ever end up in front of a jury, better not to modify for dependability. Both are just opinions casually researched.

Don't want to hyjack the thread, as it is your firearm, be safe, and do what you want.

·
Premium Member
5,940 Posts
I replaced the stock 3.5 lb trigger with a 5.5 lb trigger in both my Glocks. It is an added piece of mind for me. Otherwise, they are all stock.

EDIT - meant to say I installed NY1 triggers.

·
Registered
862 Posts
I have all extended releases and a few mag extenders that's really it for now. I'm eventually gonna get a G26 barrell to swap out .40 for 9mm for more ammo choices. That's it so far. :)

·
Registered
144 Posts
I know there are a ton of Glock owners out there, and was wondering what types of mods you have done and what the results were. I have been looking at the 3.5 lb trigger pull and a new recoil spring, and perhaps an extended mag release. Any feedback would be helpful!
I have a Ghost Rocket 3.5 connector on all my Glocks. I have a NY-1 trigger spring as well. I wouldn't get the extended mag release if you intend to conceal carry. If it's a range/game gun then get the extended releases. I also have a Wolff steel guide rod and recoil spring.

·
Registered
3,604 Posts
Bone stock for my Glock 19, may someday get some different sights. I'm trying to get as proficient as I can with it in stock mode, out of the box perfection is what I'm looking for in a self defense weapon, and so far so good.

Joker1

·
Registered
208 Posts
Vickers extended mag release, Jentra Plugs, Meprolights and for my G-19 Ct Laser Grips. :image035:

·
Registered
41,518 Posts
The extended slide lock lever is a must. That piece of crap Glock installs on the production line is rediculous. Do you need an extended mag release or does the production one suffice? That's your call.

The one thing I don't like about my Glock 30 (and other guns with the same sights) is the white dots. Not the best against a light-colored background. I painted over the white with dayglow orange. BIG difference.

I don't have any problem with the factory trigger. That's another personal call.

Other than the sights and changing the slide lock lever, I don't think anything else is needed. What you want is an entirely different question.

·
Registered
3,313 Posts
Glock 23 mods...

I have a Glock 23 with quite a few mods done by the prior owner. It has a hard chromed slide, Arotek night sights, extended mag release and extended slide stop. It looks different than most other Glocks.

Reactions: Philly Boy

·
Registered
431 Posts
I deem your Glock

*pimptastic*

·
Registered
148 Posts
I bought my G26 with Glock Night Sights. I added immediately the pierce +1 magazine extensions(+2 in 9mm), and just order the jentra plug. I am considering the slide lock extension next. No plans to adjust the trigger pull to 3.5lbs tho. Like some have said, I worry about what happens if you are involved in SD shooting and adjustments to the trigger, etc may be held against you.

·
Super Moderator
50,610 Posts
I have two Glocks, a 36 and a 26, except for the Trijicon night sights...they stay stock.:yup:

·
Registered
2,177 Posts
Nothing except for sights. Mepros, Tijicons, Novaks, Heinies take your pick. All good.

·
Registered
4,088 Posts
stock on most. did put the 3.5 trigger on one. some with night sites, don't know why, just did. the thing about a glock you don't have to do anything to them, they just work, work right out of the box.

·
Premium Member
7,703 Posts
The only three mods I do are night sights, the Glock extended slide stop lever and a Sherer 3.5lb connector. :wink:

·
Registered
1,849 Posts
While Glocks are truely outstanding handguns right out of the box, there are many things that can be easily and inexpensively done to make them handle and function better. These mods do not interfere with holstering, reliable operation and handling in any way. And I carry IWB and OWB often. The expense to replace/install these parts is very low for the most part except for the night sights. And all were done by me and are relatively easy and quick to do for anyone with even basic mechanical skills.

G19
Trigicon night sights
3.5 connector
Wolff trigger springs and striker spring
Glock extended magazine release
Extended slide stop lever
Extended slide lock/release
SS guide rod
Grip backstrap plug
Pearce plus one mag extention

G26
XS Big Dot night sights
Glock extended magazine release
Extended slide stop lever
Extended slide lock/release
Grip backstrap plug
Pearce plus one mag extention

As far as the issue of legal modifications to a handgun somehow making prosecution more likely in the event of a legal shooting, well that is just another intertnet myth........lets see the news articles about DA's prosecuting gun owners for using legally modified handguns when the use of the gun was justified otherwise. With many 100's of thousands of Glocks in public hands we certainly would be seeing these cases in the liberal media. I did a Goggle search and found no cases because there are none to be found. If someone has one I would love to see it.

·
Registered
2,386 Posts
My 19 and 27 have 3.5# connectors with NY 1 trigger springs. It makes for a nice even trigger pull with a crisp reset. I also have installed a trigger with trigger bar from a 17 in both of them. The 17 has a smooth faced trigger. I also have Glock night sights.

Everything else is stock. I am not a fan of the extended slide stop. It is just something to inadvertantly hit while shooting which may cause your slide to lock open when you are not empty. I use the hand over top method of charging the chamber. It is a gross motor skill that will not diminish in a combat situation.

Some people swear by them. To each his own.

·
Registered
199 Posts
I'm a big fan of the 3.5lb connectors. Keep in mind that a 3.5lb connector does not equal a 3.5lb trigger pull. It actually averages about 7lbs on my Glocks....which is about what my Kahr K9 measures right out of the box. I'm comfortable with this for CCW. I think the best low cost modification for a Glock is to polish the trigger bar where it slides against the connector. Viewed with a magnifying glass, the trigger bar surface is fairly rough when new and this contributes to some of the "staple gun" feel of a new Glock trigger.

1 - 20 of 66 Posts