Defensive Carry banner

1 - 10 of 10 Posts

·
Registered
1,178 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Glock 23 question: Has anybody had a problem with the locking block pin (part#36 in the exploded diagram) working its way out during firing. After putting 50 rounds through my G23 today I found that the pin had worked itself partly out on the left side. I immediately pressed it back and had no malfunctions. But if this is a recurring problem I definetly need to do something about it. Has anybody else had this happen?

·
Registered
1,425 Posts
Do you mean part #34? That's the Locking block pin. Unless there's a newer version of the parts diagram than I'm looking at.

I've never had a problem with that part coming loose.

·
Registered
1,044 Posts
This happened to me once a very long time ago when I first got my 23. The Armourer told me that I had way too much oil down in the pin area. Once I learned that lesson, everything was fine.

·
Registered
1,178 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
Thanks to both for quick reply. Yup. it's #34, eyes getting bad. I have owned several Glocks but only my G22 had this pin and I had no problems with it. That's why it came as a surprise when it happened. It never came completely out, but it was disconcerting!

·
Banned
13,684 Posts
Have you ever had that pin out of your pistol? It might not hurt to get a new pin. As previously suggested, may be too much lube in that area. There shouldn't be any lube in that area anyway.

·
Registered
779 Posts
That's a part that breaks more often than most in a GLOCK. I'm with RAM, I'd replace the pin, dry out the frame, and keep an eye on it.

One thing that will be a real problem is if it works out the RIGHT side of the frame. Then you lose the spring tension on your slide lock lever, and you'll have the finest box fed single shot known to man. Easy to fix, but MAN is it frustrating when the slide keeps locking back randomly.

Dan

·
Registered
2,163 Posts
Nope never had any issues with my G23.

NCH

·
Registered
1,656 Posts
I had that happen on my G22 a few years ago. It was being shot buy the young sons of a good friend. Both were doing a lot of limp wristed shooting. Just learning to shoot. I reset the pin and have had no further problems with it.
Mike

·
Registered
4,088 Posts
never had a problem. go easy on the oil with your glock and get a new pin.

·
Registered
264 Posts
Well it depends on which exploded view you're using.

I just noticed a problem with labeling of parts in the brand new manual.

1 - 10 of 10 Posts