Defensive Carry banner

1 - 10 of 10 Posts

·
Registered
1,524 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Recently purchased a Glock G27 and the seller said it was a originally ordered for a PD or Sheriff department but was never picked up. The manufacturing date is 2008. The pistol itself seems to have a different, perhaps thicker and more smooth finish, than any other Glock I own. It also has night sights but I see no brand on them. The box has a baby blue label rather than a white label. Could his information be factual? Understand that I am not familiar with Glock labeling procedures and finishes.

Item # is PN2750702

TIA for the help!

·
Registered
42,984 Posts
Blue label is LEO package, most likely with Glock night sights installed. Should have 3 mags instead of the usual two. It's an older generation (probably Gen 3) with the less aggressive grip texture.

Reactions: zonker1986

·
Registered
1,524 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
Blue label is LEO package, most likely with Glock night sights installed. Should have 3 mags instead of the usual two. It's an older generation (probably Gen 3) with the less aggressive grip texture.
Ok.. Now the label on the box says 2 9RD which is what is in the box. One has an extension and one has the standard floor plate. Is that normal or has someone monkeyed with the contents?

TIA!

·
Premium Member
37,579 Posts
Ok.. Now the label on the box says 2 9RD which is what is in the box. One has an extension and one has the standard floor plate. Is that normal or has someone monkeyed with the contents?

TIA!
Sounds like the normal 3rd generation blue label package.

·
Registered
3,472 Posts
The sub compacts only come with 2 mags on the blue label program. the compact and standard size guns come with three. Not sure about the floor plates but it doesn't sound like anything out of the ordinary. I believe they came as you described.

·
Registered
1,524 Posts
Discussion Starter · #6 ·
Thank you folks.. I appreciate the education!

My best!

·
Registered
268 Posts
I assume that the G27 is a gen 3 or earlier? My blue label G26 comes with 3 mags but it is also a gen 4

·
Registered
3,472 Posts
I assume that the G27 is a gen 3 or earlier? My blue label G26 comes with 3 mags but it is also a gen 4
Heard that all gen 4 guns come with three now. That was part of the reason for the cost increase on gen 4's.

·
Registered
436 Posts
Yes.. my Gen4 G19 came with 3 in March. I asked and was told that was normal now. Also comes with a Glock mag assist loader as well, although I already have an uplula.

·
Registered
6,116 Posts
The LEO packages, as has been stated above, come with Glock factory night sights (Meprolights from what I have read), and three mags. My Glock 23
came with the baby blue sticker and was an LEO package. Glock Gen 3 have a different, more ceramic look than the Gen 4's which have gone back to a
more Gen 2 flat black.

1 - 10 of 10 Posts