Defensive Carry banner

1 - 12 of 12 Posts

·
Registered
148 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I love my Glock 17 RTF2--it's been my EDC for almost 3 years now (since I started CC). Anyone else use these Glock 3rd gen. RTF2 models as their EDC, despite it's "abrasive" texture?

EDC_G17rtf2.jpg

·
Banned
1,418 Posts
No, but one thing I would love to change, other than adding a rail, to my G26gen4 and that it had the 'gills' instead of the straight up and down slide serrations. I know htat the gen4 texture is based off RTF, but is it true that RTF2 came before RTF?

·
Registered
148 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
I know htat the gen4 texture is based off RTF, but is it true that RTF2 came before RTF?
Well, I've heard some guys say that there really wasn't a designation as "RTF" ever produced, though gen. 2's and 3's definitely have a textured grip when compared with the gen. 1 models. So, "RTF" could apply to the gen. 2's and 3's; however, RTF2 was another option for the gen. 3 models and the gilled slides were produced only for a short time 'cause not everyone loved them. You can find gen. 3 RTF2's with straight serrations on the slide. The gen. 4 models aren't technically called RTF though I guess they could be considered an "RTF3."

glockframegenerations.jpg

·
Registered
2,567 Posts
Yes, I carry one often, in the G22 variety. I really like the serrations but especially like the texture.

and before the Laser grips.

The RTF2 texture is my favorite. What I really want is a G23 or 32 RTF2 OD green one with the "Gills". But I will have to keep wishing. It would be my new carry piece though, if Glock ever made one.

Reactions: Zeebra724

·
Registered
2,567 Posts
I like the laser a very much. It took a while to learn to use it properly, and train correctly with it. But now it is a useful tool for me to have.
Also, yes, it does make the grip a bit bigger, but I have larger hands so that is a non issue for me.

·
Registered
473 Posts
I love mine! G17 and OD G29:

Best texture on any handgun ever made imho. I think the 17's box does say "RTF2" on it...I'll have to look.

·
Registered
45 Posts
I carry the version with no gills. I sanded down the side of the grip that rubbed my skin and all was well. Love the texture much more than the other Glock models.

·
Registered
2,567 Posts
FWIW, my G22 box also says G22RTF2

Reactions: Zeebra724

·
Registered
720 Posts
I have one in a GLOCK 22. I find the grips a little too abrasive, so mine is pretty much a curiosity relegated to the safe. I do like the gill serrations, can't say if they work any better or worse.........

1 - 12 of 12 Posts