Defensive Carry banner

1 - 20 of 36 Posts

·
Registered
749 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I was reading that the Glock 23 and 19 are going to have the RTF2 as an option soon. The Glock 23 RTF2 is supposed to be hitting the market in the late 3rd quarter and the Glock 19 RTF2 in the late 4th quarter. Also heard about a Glock with backstraps you could switch out at Shot 2010. Don't know how true these statements are, but thought I would share them. Time will tell every story.

·
Registered
3,063 Posts
Whats a RTF2?

·
Registered
2,416 Posts
Rough Texture Frame

·
Registered
2,416 Posts
You gun guys are worse then us I.T guys with your acronyms ;)
You have SAS, SCSI, USB, IDE, SATA, SATAII, IEE1394, PCI, PCIx,PCI-E, AGP, RAID...

Nah, you win and yes I know what it all is being an IT guy myself.

RTF2 is a lot easier to say and type than Rough texture Frame. I don't know if I like it, the slide serrations are a bit odd and the whole thing looks too rough for my hands. No I'm not a girl lol.

·
Registered
11,153 Posts
You gun guys are worse then us I.T guys with your acronyms ;)
Its fun being both.......sheople just dont get it.:smile:

·
Registered
2,416 Posts
So has anyone held and played with the RTF2 Glock? I know the 22 is available in that config. Do you like it? Dislike it?

·
Registered
1,920 Posts
personally i love the new glock i cant afford to buy it but i like to go look at it alot

·
Registered
5,327 Posts
It is a rather abrasive finish. Wouldnt wanna do a long range day with it. Maybe if I was a trained operator wearing gloves and working in a harsh wet or other environment, I would find it necessary. But very very few of us are operators and need it IMO.

·
Registered
2,416 Posts
It is a rather abrasive finish. Wouldnt wanna do a long range day with it. Maybe if I was a trained operator wearing gloves and working in a harsh wet or other environment, I would find it necessary. But very very few of us are operators and need it IMO.
I see, well it seems good for an LEO or similar.

I'll stick with the normal one.

·
Registered
1,637 Posts
would you buy another Glock just because of the different texture? I wouldn't....I like the Glocks I have just fine...don't think I will get another
until they break!!! Hehehehe

·
Registered
2,255 Posts
I am waiting for 2 things:

The Glock pistol in either .38 super or preferably 9x23 winchester.

Make a Glock with a trigger like the 1911 and all the safety features they currently have including a thumb safety to lock the gun. Do THAT, and the dominance of the 1911 platform will come to an end....

·
Registered
2,416 Posts
I am waiting for 2 things:

The Glock pistol in either .38 super or preferably 9x23 winchester.

Make a Glock with a trigger like the 1911 and all the safety features they currently have including a thumb safety to lock the gun. Do THAT, and the dominance of the 1911 platform will come to an end....
That won't happen unless law enforcement starts using .38 super. Who would want a system like a 1911? Just go buy a 1911. A Glock is NOT a 1911. Dominance you say? Lets see which police agencies use the 1911. None? How many hundreds of thousands of Glocks have sold this year? I bet more Glocks than 1911s.

·
Registered
49 Posts
would you buy another Glock just because of the different texture? I wouldn't....
Hey, us GLOCK guys don't need much of a reason to buy another one!
I had one that needed to be cleaned once so I just bought another...:redface:

·
Registered
47 Posts
iv held them and also heard the rumor that the G19 was going to that finish (didn't hear that it was an option) so thats why I bought mine when i did.....i personally dont like the RTF2.

-spoz

·
Registered
1,260 Posts
I recently bought a G 22 RTF. I like it, then I put a Hogue Handall sleeve on it and like it even better. :smile:

1 - 20 of 36 Posts