Defensive Carry banner

81 - 100 of 119 Posts

·
Super Moderator
21,913 Posts
I like dogs, but I prefer big dogs (retrievers, pointers, setters). That kind of looks like what I would call a "foo-foo" dog.... No, he's not wearing a helmet, it's just the hood on his down jacket.
Spanish Water Dog, Irish Water Spaniel, Lagotto Romagnolo, Standard Poodle (yep, they were bred as water dogs), American Water Spaniel, etc., are all big foo-foo looking hunting dogs. :wink:

·
Registered
8,429 Posts
Spanish Water Dog, Irish Water Spaniel, Lagotto Romagnolo, Standard Poodle (yep, they were bred as water dogs), American Water Spaniel, etc., are all big foo-foo looking hunting dogs. :wink:
Could be, but there is nothing in the photo that says "hunting" to me. No gun, no bow, no camo, no pack, no binos, no animal, no spotting scope, etc., etc.

Reactions: OD*

·
Super Moderator
18,253 Posts
Okay, this is not a prediction, but a wish. More of a pipe dream, actually. I wish they would take a G30S frame and make a .38 Super out of it. Yes, I know they have .357 Sigs already and the .38 Super has fallen into obscurity. But if they made one, I would buy it in a heartbeat. I can dream, can't I?

History has shown (think Ford Edsel) that hyping some mysterious new product and making people wait to find out what it is, is a bad idea, unless it really is something groundbreaking. We will know soon.

I was a little kid when the Edsel was roaming the streets. I actually liked them at the time. They were deemed turkeys by the time the name plate was dropped in 1961 and even I was aware of that fact, but as a pre-schooler I recognized them when I saw them. What does a kid know though?

https://www.saturdayeveningpost.com/2018/05/edsel-disaster-waiting-happen/

Fast forward to the early(?) 1980s and a gun shop in Cleburne, Texas got in the first Glock that the local gun nuts had ever seen. I made the trip in there to have a look. I didn't like it and opined that the gimmicky, cheap-o, plastic thing would never have any staying power in the market.

What did I know?

Between the Edsel and the Glock I have learned that I can't pick 'em.

Still, that Edsel wouldn't have been a complete slug to drive: 410 C.I.D V8 with 345 horsepower. Could do worse.
https://www.automobile-catalog.com/car/1958/697220/edsel_citation_2-door_hardtop_automatic.html

·
Registered
1,483 Posts
That Saturday Evening Post article was fun reading, Bryan! Now that I look again, the Edsel was kind of cool looking...

·
Registered
97 Posts
Glock will likely just make some minimal change to their existing product lineup while not making any significant innovation. They've been doing that for years.

And the Glock fanboys will line up to buy the latest and "greatest" thing from Glock.
As will those who find value in the new product for their purposes... kinda like every other product ever conceived and produced.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

·
Super Moderator
21,913 Posts

I was a little kid when the Edsel was roaming the streets. I actually liked them at the time. They were deemed turkeys by the time the name plate was dropped in 1961 and even I was aware of that fact, but as a pre-schooler I recognized them when I saw them. What does a kid know though?

https://www.saturdayeveningpost.com/2018/05/edsel-disaster-waiting-happen/

Fast forward to the early(?) 1980s and a gun shop in Cleburne, Texas got in the first Glock that the local gun nuts had ever seen. I made the trip in there to have a look. I didn't like it and opined that the gimmicky, cheap-o, plastic thing would never have any staying power in the market.

What did I know?

Still, that Edsel wouldn't have been a complete slug to drive: 410 C.I.D V8 with 345 horsepower. Could do worse.
https://www.automobile-catalog.com/car/1958/697220/edsel_citation_2-door_hardtop_automatic.html
I like the Edsel.

Did you know, Martha Stewart bought Edsel Ford's Seal Harbor estate and drives a beautiful 1958 Edsel Roundup?

·
Registered
Various
15,534 Posts
…..

What did I know?

When IBM released their first Personal Computer with Microsoft's MS-DOS, I said it wouldn't last because CP/M-86 was a far superior operating system.

I liked the Edsel. I tried to get my mother to buy one when she bought her new 1959 Mercury.

·
Premium Member
7,134 Posts
Oh gosh. If Glock comes out with a .22 I might have to look at one. I don't need another .22. And probably the trigger pull would be way to stiff. And I don't need another .22.

:image035:

Reactions: Pete63

·
Registered
2,873 Posts
My bet is a .22 trainer along the lines of a .22 M&P or SR-22.

81 - 100 of 119 Posts