Defensive Carry banner
1 - 16 of 16 Posts

·
Registered
354 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I'm thinking about getting this product, has anyone used it that can give a review? They are $12 each on eBay. It's a Glock Trapezoid Grip Slide Lock, looks like it would be much easier to take down a Glock with:

Text Font Technology Electronic device

·
Premium Member
5,611 Posts
meh... i can strip my glock in 5 seconds.... waste of 12 bucks to me but I guess if you have a tough glock to strip 12 bucks isnt much money

Reactions: Sarge65

·
Registered
156 Posts
Pointless if you ask me. Once you start using the right grip, weak hand wrapped over the top of the slide with your thumb wrapped around the slide guard part of the frame to pull the slide back slightly, it frees up your other hand for the takedown levers. So there's no need for this product.

Remember if you're struggling, you're using the wrong technique!

·
Registered
354 Posts
Discussion Starter · #8 ·
I guess you should have mentioned that you only wanted to hear good things about the product you posted.
I was looking for someone to say, "I have used this product and didn't like it because....or I have used this product and liked it because...." That type of stuff. Anyways, this site is not a good place for that, I found what I needed on Google.

·
Premium Member
7,276 Posts
I was looking for someone to say, "I have used this product and didn't like it because....or I have used this product and liked it because...." That type of stuff. Anyways, this site is not a good place for that, I found what I needed on Google.
I wouldn't agree that this site isn't a good place for that sort of feedback, I just think you happen to have picked a product that fixes a nonexistent problem. You probably won't get a lot of 'user' feedback for something like that because it isn't going to have a very wide appeal.

·
Registered
821 Posts
What's the difference (besides geometric shape) between this product and something like the Lone Wolf Extended Slide Lock? It sounds similar. I use the extended locks in all 3 of my Glocks and love them! In fact, my G30sf was almost impossible to take down before I changed the locks.

·
Registered
959 Posts
I don't see a reason for it, however, I have had my fingers slide off the take down lever when they were already oily from cleaning another gun first. Thing is, I only do modifications to my firearm that will give me an advantage in a fight. This is not one of them.

·
Registered
354 Posts
Discussion Starter · #14 ·
Guys, I bought 3 of these, installed them and they are AWESOME!!! I can strip my Glock in less than a sec with greasy/oily hands, no prob.

·
Registered
5,154 Posts
It does look like a well made product that would allow a better grip but I've never had a problem field stripping a Glock or completely disassembling the slide and frame for that matter. Pretty easy pistols to work on IME.

·
Registered
293 Posts
How many people buy different colored grip panels, glock slide back plates or engraved AR dust covers? Each of those accessories have less utility than this. While I can still strip my glock fine with the OEM piece I see no reason this wouldn't make it easier. Thanks for posting this, it's nice to at least know the product exists should I find I want one down the road.

1 - 16 of 16 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.