Defensive Carry banner

Glow inc. Glow paint

906 views 7 replies 6 participants last post by  robhic 
#1 ·
Hi everyone, has anyone used the solvent base V10 glow paint from this company. i was shooting my SHIELD 9MM and half of the front dot fell out. Iwas going to fill it in with this paint. It is supposed to be the brightest glow paint. Thank you all for the feedback.

#2 ·
Glow paints are only effective when "charged" under a light source. It won't get charged when holstered and takes a few minutes under a light source to glow. A dab of dayglo-orange paint will be just as effective or better in most cases. Or you may consider this an opportunity to upgrade to night sights.

Reactions: GhostMaker
#4 ·
Yep....spot on. Personally I would upgrade to night sights as OldVet suggested, they are MUCH better.

#3 ·
The glow paint works well enough , "charged" it glows brighter than tritium night sights( at least mine) and slowly dims. I would say its better than just orange paint due to being able to make it glow. Tritium are self powered and obviously require not "charging" , but cost quite a bit more.
For a low cost option to have glow in the dark sights it works well. One
Small vial will do dozens of sights.

#5 ·
I put some "glow" sights on one of my Glock pistols. It glowed very brightly, but then dimmed. You also have to, as mentioned, charge them with light before they work. Would this be a problem for quick use?

I sent them back and spent a bit more for actual night sights and am not sorry I did.

#6 ·
I don't think I have ever heard of someone regreting the installation of night sights. Especially when compared to the ones mentioned here.

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.