Defensive Carry banner

1 - 9 of 9 Posts

·
Registered
1,614 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I had to go out of town today for 3 days. I usually take my guns, since I
can carry here in Virginia. But I put off packing until the last minute, and I couldn't find the hard gun case that I use to pack the gus. So, I had to give up and just leave. This is the first time in the 3.5 years that I've been carrying where I haven't been able to carry. It feels really strange, and of course it's my own fault for putting things off until the last minute. I won't do that again!

·
Registered
3 Posts
I know the feeling. I've only had my CHL for about a month now. Wherever I go, my 'friend' goes. I'm so used to it that I frequently am not aware I have it on me. It felt strange when I walked out of the house the other day to pick up the mail and didn't have it on me......sure felt funny.

·
Super Moderator
50,585 Posts
I feel funny if I don't have an extra mag.:blink::yup:

·
Banned
1,706 Posts
I have been carrying for ~35 years; until I came to Iraq; non-combatant civilians are prohibited from having "weapons". I almost had to learn to walk again without my "counter balances" (double stack 1911 and 2 spare mags).

I'm headed home for leave the middle of November and told the wife to bring my carry rig to the airport, in a case locked in the trunk.

·
Registered
145 Posts
Hey Huston, when you said "I frequently am not aware I have it on me",you reminded me of an article in this morning's paper here in NY - an older gentleman who had a CCW for many years carried into a high school after completely forgetting he had his 38 on him.
He was there for business with the principal.
He was sincerely sorry and I'm sure they'll go as easy as they can on him, but he'll at least lose his CCW and probably that gun.

Gotta think think think, all the time.

Six

·
Premium Member
2,355 Posts
I once felt naked when I couln'd carry on the beach at Negril. Of course most everyone there was naked, too.

·
Registered
7,421 Posts
Just fly under the radar for three days, you'll be fine. And for gods sake, put some clothes on....:wave:

Stay safe out there.. :smile:

·
Registered
59 Posts
I have to travel to MO for 4 days next week and am really torn as to whether or not to pack my rig. MO does honor my WA CPL, but I will be traveling with coworkers who don't know I carry so I am not sure I want the hassle of the whole TSA dance and the 20 questions to follow from my coworkers.

1 - 9 of 9 Posts