Defensive Carry banner

21 - 29 of 29 Posts

·
Registered
323 Posts
Nice carry Smith!

I pocket carried a S&W 638 for a few years after retiring from my regular job to work overnight retail. Still carry it for yard work or a long road trip where I'll be stopping at rest stops and gas stations in the wee hours.

J frames still serve a purpose, even though I usually have a larger handgun on my belt.

·
Registered
49 Posts
My criteria for a carry weapon are reliability, hand fit, accuracy, and ease of concealment and carry in that order. A j frame revolver is hard to beat in this role.

I had moved away from the small revolvers due to age and hand pain. Sold off my 637 a while ago. The recent weight loss eliminated the hand pain so I am once again with a j frame. Not a lot of fun to shoot an airweight but I like the revolvers.

Picked up a S&W 442 and will be carrying that daily. Not that I’m out and about much these days.

View attachment 332250
It's amazing what weight loss can do for your health. Many problems go away. I'm glad it worked out for you.

·
Premium Member
4,351 Posts
Discussion Starter #23

·
Super Moderator
23,228 Posts
It's amazing what weight loss can do for your health. Many problems go away. I'm glad it worked out for you.
@liberty1, it sure helped his attitude. :LOL:

Actually, mine too. ;)

·
Registered
5,662 Posts
I EDC 7 rounds of .40S&W. The 442 easily slips in my pocket if I want to carry around the yard or other times I want convenience. It often goes camping because it is low maintenance. It goes on out of state road trips because I know it complies with laws in every state that recognizes my license.

·
Premium Member
4,351 Posts
Discussion Starter #27
Reactions: Haywood
21 - 29 of 29 Posts