Defensive Carry banner

1 - 2 of 2 Posts

·
Registered
1,857 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I was on Montana's website. They said that some communities and areas don't allow concealled carry?

Going all the way accross to Ravalla county. What do I need to be aware of because the websites for the county and the state were a little oblique at best as where not to carry other than the usual supspects, but included towns and logging camps, but where else?

·
1943 - 2009
10,368 Posts
First, you already know that Montana honors your North Dakota permit, so you're legal to carry here.

Your reference to towns has you a little confused, I think. In Montana, concealed weapons permits are only required inside the boundaries of incorporated cities and towns. Outside of city limits, CWPs are not even required. So you can legally carry a concealed weapon without a permit all day, as long as you don't come to town.

The logging camp thing refers to a rather antiquated part of Montana law that prohibits concealed weapons within the confines of logging and mining camps. Not too many of those around anymore. Don't worry about it.

Hope this helps.

Enjoy your visit!:image035:

1 - 2 of 2 Posts