Defensive Carry banner

1 - 19 of 19 Posts

·
Registered
161 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I am going to Rockford, Illinois this weekend and will be staying at a Holiday Inn Express just outside of Rockford. When I get to the State line, do I have to put my weapon in the trunk, or can it be inside the car with me? How about taking it into the Motel? Thanks in advance.:smile:

·
Registered
268 Posts
To be on the safe side I would store it unloaded, cased and in the trunk. I am pretty sure you can bring it in to your hotel room.

·
Registered
161 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
Thank You.

·
Registered
632 Posts
My home town, i feel sorry for ya, just dont go down towards alpine and charles, it gets bad after nightfall and has been known for gang territory.

·
Registered
161 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
I'll be in Loves Park attending a funeral, then back to Milwaukee.

·
Banned
2,030 Posts
When you get to the intersection of 43 and 90...that's where I live. Honk and I'll scream hello. Unload your gun and lock it in the trunk. You're okay to take it into your hotel room. Good luck

·
Registered
892 Posts
I am going to Rockford, Illinois this weekend and will be staying at a Holiday Inn Express just outside of Rockford. When I get to the State line, do I have to put my weapon in the trunk, or can it be inside the car with me? How about taking it into the Motel? Thanks in advance.:smile:
My wife and i will be driving past Rockford on our way back home this weekend. When we do I'll pray for your safety.

·
Registered
161 Posts
Discussion Starter · #9 ·
Thank you all for your help.

·
Registered
944 Posts
We never recommend someone do anything illegal! It's against the rules of the forum.

BTW - Welcome to the forum! :wave:
But the founding fathers said:
No one is bound to obey an unconstitutional law and no courts are bound to enforce it. -- 16 Am. Jur. Sec. 177 late 2d, Sec 256

·
Registered
436 Posts
The law says your weapon must be encased (not just in a case but encased in a trunk or glovebox) and unloaded.

·
Registered
632 Posts
Ahh loves park, ironically enough thats where i met my wife eight years ago :)

·
Registered
3,568 Posts
I travel into southern Illinois frequently. The standard is that you must keep the weapon unloaded, in a case inaccessible to the driver (does not have to lock), or in a broken down & non functioning state. The ammo can be stored in the same case.

I use a TSA approved case just to play it more than safe. Bulldog Car Vault : Cabela's is what I use.

I also carry a copy of an email I received from the Illinois state police when I asked them "what do i need to do to transport a firearme through Illinois when I have to travel through the state?"

·
Premium Member
6,726 Posts
No one is bound to obey an unconstitutional law and no courts are bound to enforce it. -- 16 Am. Jur. Sec. 177 late 2d, Sec 256
Good luck with that in Illinois.

·
Registered
3,261 Posts
My wife and I are fairly frequent travelers to Illinois, she is from Springfield. Take the advice of those here who know the Illinois laws and unload the firearm, keep it separate from the ammunition and make sure it isn't accessible while driving around.

You are ok to keep it in the hotel room in a ready condition, but once you leave make sure you change it into an expensive hammer unless you like to see the inside of Illinois jails for illegal transport of a firearm.

·
Super Moderator
24,786 Posts
Please re-read the Forum Rules. We aren't debating this. :lolp:

·
Registered
28 Posts
By case law you can carry UNloaded in consol, ammo can be with it. Consol must have a lock of some form.

·
Registered
161 Posts
Discussion Starter · #19 ·
Thanks everyone for your help. Everything went fine.....went to the Stockholm Inn and had a great fish fry on Friday night. A safe uneventfull trip.

1 - 19 of 19 Posts