Defensive Carry banner

1 - 20 of 20 Posts

·
Registered
636 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Going to SA and understand that my folder in illegal there. Need options and "how" to carry without looking like "Bubba". Pics would be really appreciated.

Merry Christ mas, y'all

·
Registered
350 Posts
Depends on which country in South America you're going to.

Edit: Sorry, maybe you meant South Africa?

·
Registered
177 Posts
im pretty sure he means San Antonio, as lock backs are illegal in the city. i just bought a kabar tdi that is pretty cool. more of a self defense knife though. there are several fixed blades from benchmade and RAT cutlery

·
Registered
636 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
im pretty sure he means San Antonio, as lock backs are illegal in the city. i just bought a kabar tdi that is pretty cool. more of a self defense knife though. there are several fixed blades from benchmade and RAT cutlery
Ding, ding, ding,,,,guess it takes a Texan to comprehend another Texan....

·
Registered
177 Posts
haha ya. ive carried a lockback there several times before i knew about the law. i dont frequent SA very much though so its no big deal. i would look into the RAT Izula for fixed blade.

·
Registered
112 Posts
I thought you meant Springfield Armory myself...

·
Registered
156 Posts
Are you looking for something concealable (I would assume?) Is there a blade length restriction? Is this more of a tool, or something for defensive carry? Either way, I pretty much trust anything from Gerber. I think S&W makes a good little boot knife for a low price.

·
Registered
685 Posts
Heck,I'm from texas and didn't know they had a knife law.I didn't think you could carry a double edge and less than 6" but beyond that I didn't know.dumb me.

·
Registered
747 Posts
RAT Cutlery Izula. One of the best bang-to-buck ratio knives out there and under 3' in blade. Tip-top quality and the best warranty in the biz.

·
Registered
15,177 Posts
I was in SA 2 years ago and was around several cops with a folding liner lock knife clipped inside my front pocket and nobody said nuttin,my 45 was on my left hip concealed

·
Registered
92 Posts
Wow, I went to San Antonio for vacation this year and carried a lockback knife the whole time, never even crossed my mind that it could be illegal?!

·
Premium Member
10,046 Posts
RAT Cutlery. You can get all the pics and info on them here.

Designed by Randall Adventure Training, they are used in all their South American Jungle Survival Classes. Amazon tested, Amazon approved!

·
Registered
118 Posts
Another vote for the Izula in my opinion the best bang for the buck. Rat Knives have one of the best warranties going. You can put the Izula in a pants pocket and it just disappears. Not saying that is legal where your going. Stay Safe:tumbleweed:

·
Registered
636 Posts
Discussion Starter #18
Wow, I went to San Antonio for vacation this year and carried a lockback knife the whole time, never even crossed my mind that it could be illegal?!
Neither did I in all my trips there until I read it here. :nono: (there is a plethera of great info here) :congrats:

·
Registered
96 Posts
Another vote for the RAT Cutlery Izula. I got one off of ebay for $45 shipped. Lightweight and tough. I used it to baton a bunch of firewood on Christmas Eve and it worked fine, stayed sharp, and the finish didn't scratch. Also very concealable.

·
Registered
156 Posts
I'll second the recommendations for RAT as excellent tools. Just be sure to buy from RAT and not Ontario. Originally Ontario was making them in conjunction with RAT, but RAT made improvements and Ontario didn't want to go along. Ended up in a big legal contract drama. End result, Ontario can still sell the knives in which they shared the designing, but the RAT blades go through a heat-treating process the Ontarios don't. Also the RAT has a better warranty, CS, and altogether better fit and finish. Check out the RAT-3 as well.

1 - 20 of 20 Posts