Defensive Carry banner

1 - 12 of 12 Posts

·
Registered
56 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I've decided that these two are about equal in performance. Lets not discuss that here.

Which is avaible for the better price?

My wife and I both have a 45 for our defensive weapons. I'm thinking either 50 or 100 rounds will let us do some practive mags and then keep some for defense.

·
Registered
1,068 Posts
Some folks use a rule of thumb of shooting a minimum of 200 rounds of the defensive round through their carry weapons before settling on it as their chosen ammo. Some pistols are more finicky than others about which ammo feeds better. So you want to be comfortable that the ammo and pistol are going to perform when you need them to.

In my experience, the Gold Dots are more widely available at a lower price than the Ranger T's.

·
Registered
1,656 Posts
Check out these prices on Ranger-T. http://mahsupplies.net/
Great to deal with. Fast service and I have never had a problem
Mike

·
Registered
1,170 Posts
I saw a 50 round box of Rangers in 40 cal at a local shop for $15.00. Too bad I don't have a 40. Plus Gold Dots come in a box of 20 and most others come in a box of 25. So if it seems a little cheaper it is because there are 5 less rounds in the box.

·
Registered
791 Posts
I can get the Rangers cheaper around here.

·
Banned
11 Posts
50 round boxes of Speer Gold dot:
$17 9mm
$17 40S&W
$18 45 ACP

available from http://www.miragetechnologies.net/

You have to call or email them to order. I just copy and paste the "required info" into an email and fill in the info. Ive ordered from them twice. Shipping out takes a few days sometimes though, but youre probably not in the middle of a gun battle.

I use Gold Dots exclusively:
9mm (G19) 124 grain +P
40 S&W (G27 and G22) 155 grain
38 special (SW642) 135 grain +P

·
Registered
793 Posts
if you like the GD and Ranger T then take a look at Federal HST as well...same league if you ask me. HST can be had at www.streichers.com for $14 per box plus shipping in 9mm ...they have others as well of course, I only know the price of the 9 though.

1 - 12 of 12 Posts