Defensive Carry banner

21 - 40 of 52 Posts

·
Premium Member
2,229 Posts
I have a Real ID PA license with s star. I use my passport card when I fly. I don’t like taking my drivers license out of my wallet unnecessarily. Too easy to lose when you’re distracted.
I know what you mean. I somehow lost my drivers license coming back from Belarus (between Poland and Russia for the geographically challenged).

Reactions: OldChap

·
Registered
810 Posts
That is correct. If I flew any, I would spend the $100 for the Trusted Traveler ID, but I don't. And yes, you will need an approved federal identification after the effective date.

If only one needed some kind of real ID to vote. In most places one needn't even be alive to vote for candidates of a certain party.
Why can't I like this post more than once?

·
Registered
34,025 Posts
I just checked my TEXAS DL, and there is no star. Now, I'm depressed and feel discriminated against. I need to sue.
One Sue is enough for any man.

·
Registered
3,355 Posts
Some idiot bureaucrats decided, with no sense of history at all, to use gold stars to designate differences on government forms. Brilliant! :icon_neutral:
Maybe we could wear a star on our shirt, that way the police would know we're OK.

·
Registered
12 Posts
I just checked my TEXAS DL, and there is no star. Now, I'm depressed and feel discriminated against. I need to sue.
No star on my Illinois DL either. My Illinois CC License has the state police logo on it that has an eagle though. It seems interesting that the state of Illinois doesn't accept an IL CCL as ID. Speaking of CCLs does any state issue one without a picture on it like PA used to? When I got my first drivers license in 1965 in Wisconsin it had no picture on it.

·
Super Moderator
16,177 Posts
No star on my Illinois DL either. My Illinois CC License has the state police logo on it that has an eagle though. It seems interesting that the state of Illinois doesn't accept an IL CCL as ID. Speaking of CCLs does any state issue one without a picture on it like PA used to? When I got my first drivers license in 1965 in Wisconsin it had no picture on it.
North Carolina does not have a picture on it but it does have your D/L number.

·
Banned
2,103 Posts
I count on a current US passport. I have it on my person everyday.

·
Premium Member
2,240 Posts
Maybe we could wear a star on our shirt, that way the police would know we're OK.
Ya think? Seriously, what idiot thought that Gold Stars as identification were ok?

Reactions: CWOUSCG

·
Premium Member
376 Posts
I find it odd that our ids are real ID compliant. Or, rather were. But, now we have to get new ones with an icon and have to bring all the supporting docs and pay more fees. I mean, if it’s an ID, why does the issuer not accept it?
Ohio doesn’t charge extra for the compliant license - and you don’t have to get it if you don’t want to.

·
Registered
189 Posts
My Mississippi license issued in January of 2018 does have several gold stars when the light hits it just right.
My wife's issued in 2017 does not.

Acording to: www.tsa.gov/sites/default/files/resources/realid_factsheet.pdf any of the below

Gold star
Black star
Star cutout in gold circle
Star cutout in black circle
Star cutout in gold grizzy bear
are all good.

Generally, a star indicates it’s a REAL ID

(Good article at: en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Real_ID_Act )

·
Registered
1,927 Posts
I received a letter from the state that I need to go in and get a new license. Can’t renew online this time. Texas is awful at this - I’m looking at a process that will take all day at the DMV.

·
Registered
18,298 Posts
It worked for Hitler.

Reactions: PhaedrusIV

·
Banned
5,322 Posts
I told them I'll fly with you if I can drive - which one of these levers makes it go faster??

·
Registered
233 Posts
I live in CA, do not have the gold star and can’t buy ammo. I also have a CCW that took a year, two interviews with a detective, background check by sherif, FBI, Ca doj, lifescan or whatever that was, etc.. jump through hoops at renewals...and can’t buy ammo?? I’m an honest, hardworking, red blooded American, and I have reached my limit. I’m not going to be getting a gold star anytime soon. What’s next, a tattoo on your wrist, a mark on your forehead, a chip?

21 - 40 of 52 Posts