Defensive Carry banner

1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
Registered
181 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Here are some pics of my new Wilson Combat Magwell on my Cold Gold Cup series 80. I shot it in IDPA competition a few days ago and I think the mag changes were much faster. This could just be psychological so that I could justify the added cost. I also added some new cocobolo grips so that they blended well with the new magwell. I think it looks cool though.

·
Premium Member
25,483 Posts
Niceness :smile:

Hey - love that beavertail!!

·
Administrator
143,593 Posts
Dingle1911

Larger opening...quicker magazine insertion. Sure makes sense to me & whatever speeds up a reload is worth the $$$. :smile:

BTW - Cocobolo is right at the very tip top of the list as a perfect exotic wood for making handgun grips. It is a FANTASTIC wood & it's beautiful too!

Nice handgun...Thanks for posting the pics!

·
Super Moderator
19,005 Posts
Nice. Never had a gun that had the magwell opening like that. Now I own a 1911 I may need to look into getting this feature. Nice looking Kimber too.

·
Registered
6,747 Posts
The extended Magwell devices are worth the while to put em on. Speeds up your feeding and also gives you that little extra grip on the gun. I've had a few on my 1911s in the past, and they work VERY WELL! VERY EASY to install, just take off the grip panels and place the eyelts over the lower screw bushing, and you're done! :biggrin:

1 - 7 of 7 Posts