Defensive Carry banner

1 - 12 of 12 Posts

·
Registered
654 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I was able to test the GOLDENSABER BONDED out of a couple barrel lengths in clear ballistics. I like how it performed overall for my standards. If you'd like to see some testing done, I am open to requests. Please specify barrel length, round, and protocol. I am not going to do the fbi testing because others have done it already. I feel that I can replicate more difficult and realistic clothing barriers in my testing. I prefer reality instead of political standards.
https://youtu.be/BOH7Ij4BYdI
NOTICE:
You may disagree with my standards but after much research I have come up with my own standards. Scrutinizing this decision is not gonna change my mind and I don't require feedback on it. This video is intended for you to make up your own mind. I give my opinion but I request that you make your own decisions.

·
Premium Member
5,479 Posts
I was able to test the GOLDENSABER BONDED out of a couple barrel lengths in clear ballistics. I like how it performed overall for my standards. If you'd like to see some testing done, I am open to requests. Please specify barrel length, round, and protocol. I am not going to do the fbi testing because others have done it already. I feel that I can replicate more difficult and realistic clothing barriers in my testing. I prefer reality instead of political standards.
NOTICE:
You may disagree with my standards but after much research I have come up with my own standards. Scrutinizing this decision is not gonna change my mind and I don't require feedback on it. This video is intended for you to make up your own mind. I give my opinion but I request that you make your own decisions.
I would like to see Browning BXP tested esp in 40, but 9mm will do. 4" bbl

·
Registered
654 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
NOTICE:
I would like to see Browning BXP tested esp in 40, but 9mm will do. 4" bbl
Coincidentally I am doing that exact testing on Monday. Thank you for the recommendation. Any suggestions like winter or spring layers?

·
Premium Member
5,479 Posts
Coincidentally I am doing that exact testing on Monday. Thank you for the recommendation. Any suggestions like winter or spring layers?
I would think winter layers since the "x" incorporated in the design allegedly stops plugging. I bought a few boxes to test for accuracy, and they hit pretty close to the 10 ring.

BTW, I'm a big fan of Golden Sabers, but mine aren't bonded. I have just short of 1,000 left in my inventory for reloading. Superb accuracy out of my P99 using N340 powder!

·
Registered
98 Posts
Also interested to see something on the Browning BXP. I've got some in .45 ACP and it shot great and was reliable, but haven't really seen any testing on it. I'd be curious to see some results in ANY caliber. Thank you for testing!

·
Registered
24 Posts
Thanks for posting those tests. I like that you're testing in 4" and less barrels, since I carry a P320 compact. As far as requests, any caliber testing with HST, Gold Dot, or Golden Saber. Do you have any HST 9mm 147+p ?

·
Registered
654 Posts
Discussion Starter #10
I could get the 147+p but sometimes it takes a while to get them. In many tests I have seen that the only difference is that it gets slightly less penetration out of a 4" barrel and deeper penetration out of barrels under 3.5"

Thanks for posting those tests. I like that you're testing in 4" and less barrels, since I carry a P320 compact. As far as requests, any caliber testing with HST, Gold Dot, or Golden Saber. Do you have any HST 9mm 147+p ?

·
Registered
98 Posts
So, so, so disappointed in the results! I had such high hopes for the BXP's. I'm still holding out for some .45 ACP results but until then the XTP's are still king in my carry gun. ;)

Thanks again for doing the test!

1 - 12 of 12 Posts