Defensive Carry banner

1 - 20 of 33 Posts

·
Super Moderator
17,985 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
This is one reason all my exterior lighting is on motion detectors and I never investigate any “bump in the night” with a strong light. I feel sorry for him in that no matter what charges are or are not filed he will have to live with the fact that he killed his wife.

Goldsboro man mistakes wife for burglar, shoots and kills her

GOLDSBORO, North Carolina (WTVD) --
The Wayne County Sheriff's Office said a man shot and killed his wife Friday when she came home from work earlier than expected.

Around 12:27 a.m., officers were dispatched to a shooting call the 100 block of Dee Dee Place in Goldsboro.

Gina Williams, 48, was found lying on the front porch with a gunshot wound to the neck. Billy Williams, 49, was trying to revive his wife. Deputies seized a handgun that was seen on the front porch.
Goldsboro man mistakes wife for burglar, shoots and kills her | abc11.com

·
Registered
3,806 Posts
Good Lord, I can't imagine having to live with myself were I the one in the story. Talk about hell.

·
Registered
426 Posts
Feel bad for the family. Perhaps the husband was still not awake and thinking clearly. Hindsight is great but if he had just called 911 instead of opening the door. I mean the supposed BG was still on the other side of the door. Man, that's a tragedy.

·
Registered
10,303 Posts
That really, really sucks.

All guns are always loaded.
Never let the muzzle cross anything you are not willing to destroy.
Keep your finger off the trigger until you are on target and ready to fire.
Be sure of your target and beyond.

Reactions: Phaedrus

·
Registered
3,857 Posts
In a noncombat situation, I can't imagine squeezing the trigger on a target I wasn't sure of.

Know your target and what's behind it

Reactions: scgunlover1

·
Registered
281 Posts
Interesting that the child heard a noise at the door and woke the father who retrieves his gun from the safe and proceeds to open the door and shoot her on the porch. That seems like a lot of time for the wife to open her own door but I suppose there could plausibly be a reason for that. Some people should be nowhere near a gun and he sounds like one of them.

Reactions: Rabbit212

·
Premium Member
36,695 Posts
Examples like this one really do give responsible gun owners a bad name. Try as I might, sympathy and compassion have a tough time making their way into my response to this one. What he lacked in common sense, he compensated for with complete ineptitude.

·
Registered
2,143 Posts
horrible, but non-forgivable
can't imagine any scenario where this could have been anything but stupidity, no matter what the heck clouded his judgement, if anything

·
Registered
642 Posts
Something about this doesn't sound right, she must have know hubby had a weapon, then there's the "honey I'm home" either way its a sad story.

·
Registered
3,274 Posts
Im with Candor on this one. I understand that any number of situations can be at play here as to why it took so long for her to enter her own home but when things line up like they did here I cant help but start thinking shenanigans at play. Come on you know some of you thought the same thing.

Reactions: SIGP250

·
Registered
681 Posts
This don't add up. Why in the world would you just open the door and shoot knowing it would send you to prison. How could he have felt his or his kids lives were in danger. He was either on drugs, drunk or wanted her dead. I hope I hear what the investigation brings up.

·
Premium Member
8,285 Posts
You wife is out, you hear someone at the door, so you open the door and shoot, and then you realize it's your wife?

Perhaps there are facts that explain this horrible error, but until such facts come out, I feel bad for the child, and have little sympathy for the husband. I don't understand how this could happen.

1 - 20 of 33 Posts