Registered
66 Posts
Discussion Starter #2
And then there's this...

A bowling ball mortar...

·
Registered
1,513 Posts
I wonder if any of the leather men here could make concealed carry holsters for these things?????

·
Premium Member
25,483 Posts
Holsters - hahaha!

That small cannon is certainly most appealing - sure would like that. Looked at a few very nice (smaller) cannons at Tulsa show and was near tempted!!

Make a simple potato cannon - much cheaper to run as well as make!!! Significant grin factor :wink:

·
Registered
280 Posts
hmmm, nice toy for a pretttty decent price,
however, with that much money i could buy my GLOCK 19-c almost

and too bad most neighbors would be upset, think you were igniting bombs are something!

·
Administrator
143,591 Posts
Question:

Choosing between the two of them...which would be the better Man Stopper?
The Bowling Ball ~~~or......................~~~The Golf Ball & why? :biggrin2:

·
Super Moderator
23,584 Posts
QKShooter said:
Choosing between the two of them...which would be the better Man Stopper?
The Bowling Ball ~~~or......................~~~The Golf Ball & why? :biggrin2:
That almost sounds like the proverbial 45 versus 9 debate? :image035:

·
Registered
1,068 Posts
Big and slow, or small and fast? The golfball cannon looks like fun. I wonder what kind of range it really has?

When I was in military school, we had two reveille cannons - a pack 75 aimed out over the parade field, and an old 40mm rifle aimed out over the lake. They would alternate using one or the other to wake the corps, using half-load blanks. One night, someone crammed a golf ball down the muzzle of the 40mm, and the school got sued for the damage caused to the building at the other end of the lake when the rifle was fired in the morning. The OD failed to follow protocol while the breech was open (or else he was in on it). The golfball broke a window, penetrated two layers of sheetrock, and broke up against a brick wall, turning into a shredded wad of rubber band. Sgt. Keith, the rangemaster and coach of the rifle team, and an old artillery man, took us to survey the damage.

·
Registered
822 Posts
I don't know about the golf ball cannon.... think about it, a golf ball was made to bounce right? I mean, it has rubber inside of it.... you think that getting hit by a bullet coming back at you is bad, what about a golf ball :biggrin2:

Wayne

·
Registered
2,292 Posts
made one quite a few years back 175 cal, or golf ball sized, at 4 oz of FFF per round it got too expensive to shoot. So now all I shoot is the .75 cal 1812 field gun.

·
Registered
66 Posts
Discussion Starter #11
fitznig said:
hmmm, nice toy for a pretttty decent price,
however, with that much money i could buy my GLOCK 19-c almost

and too bad most neighbors would be upset, think you were igniting bombs are something!

That's why I live where I don't have a lot of neighbors....

·
Super Moderator
22,003 Posts

Now that's, a wheelgun.

1 - 12 of 12 Posts