Defensive Carry banner

1 - 19 of 19 Posts

·
Registered
211 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Well, after the training class the other weekend I got to thinking that I may need a different carry gun. You see several times during the shooting drills my glock would eject the spent casing but fail to strip off a new round.
I know this was due to my support thumb pressing against the slide and preventing it from going back all the way but try as I might to put my thumb elsewhere I always found myself returning to the same location with this malfunction (shooter induced) the result.
So, I thought well guaranteed this will happen if I ever need the weapon and then I'll get a click and not a bang on the second shot and. . . :dead:
So, instead of getting myself crazy over this I went out and bought a maybe new carry gun.
I say maybe just because I need to get some leather and put some more rounds through it and then carry it to see if it will work for me.
I also really like my Glock and don't know if I will feel right without it, but time will tell.

Anyway, here is a pic of the new addition next to my standard.

The Sig shoots great and I do love the trigger. Smoother and lighter than the regular DAK trigger.

·
Banned
270 Posts
I had trouble trying to convert to my custom BHP from a Glock. My high thumbs would drop the slide on the last round instead of locking back because I was riding the release.

It's better to get another quality gun thatn try to retrain yourself after years of conditioning.

Nice choice.

·
Registered
813 Posts
I like it

Nice looking piece. Enjoy it and shoot safe. I know leather is personal..but I just picked up a milt sparks watch six for my kahr P9. I love it and it was in stock at www.lightningarms.com:congrats:

·
Premium Member
25,483 Posts
Ahaha - looks familiar :wink: :smilez:

Hope that works out for you because it will make a potentially excellent carry piece.

·
Super Moderator
19,004 Posts
Nice Sig! Hope it works out well for you.

·
Registered
211 Posts
Discussion Starter #10
Thanks guys. I can't put this thing down it is so nice. The wife forbade me from bringing it to bed the day I got it :biggrin2: :image035: Just the search for leather now. Can't wait to shoot it again.

·
Super Moderator
19,004 Posts
Rocnerd said:
Thanks guys. I can't put this thing down it is so nice. The wife forbade me from bringing it to bed the day I got it :biggrin2: :image035: Just the search for leather now. Can't wait to shoot it again.
show her the couch. :playingball: :smile:

·
Registered
38 Posts
Sweet Sig.
Now you have to start thinking about taking good care (more than normal) of your carry weapon. With the Glock, there is no such worry or thought.
I know that on bad weather days in Florida I reach for a Glock.
But again, sweet Sig!

·
Registered
2,562 Posts
Wow Im jealous. That glock cant hold a candle to the sig. Thats one of the most beautiful sigs Ive seen in a while. Enjoy that new piece. Have a great day Sixgun.

·
Registered
58 Posts
Personally, I think its an ugly gun. But its a Sig and I love mine. I know it will shoot wonderfully for you. Go luck on the leather search as I am trying to find some myself.

·
Registered
2,034 Posts
I have been thinking of that exact one myself. Post a repot on it down the road as to what you think!

Nice pick up.

Ti.

·
Registered
932 Posts
You chose well, grasshopper!

1 - 19 of 19 Posts