Defensive Carry banner
1 - 12 of 12 Posts

·
Registered
102 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 · (Edited)
In one of the local ads they had a Mossberg maverick 88, 20" barrel, 8rnd shotty on sale for under $200 out the door. I know it's the cheaper version of the 500, more plastic parts, but for the cost, I figured it would make a fun inexpensive little project since I can't find any ammo but shotgun shells lately and AR's are practically non-existent unless you want to pay top dollar for one. So good buy or no? Not changing my mind on it, just curious what you guys have to say about them.

·
Registered
102 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
the way I look at it, the stock was being replaced, along with a couple other things so a low cost budget gun that runs good, feels good and from reviews goes bang more times than not. it's going to serve a specific purpose in the house.

·
Premium Member
6,625 Posts
I'd buy one at that price in a heartbeat.

·
Registered
4,401 Posts
Does the Mossberg maverick 88 have interchangeable chokes?
Yep! Got two of them myself. They take the standard Mossy chokes.

·
Registered
4,467 Posts
That is what my dad has under his bed. My 590 is nicer, but it is a great budget gun. The stock did leave quite an "impression" after a few rounds. I would change it or add a pad if you plan on doing extended shooting, but IMO it is a great gun for the money. Enjoy it! Ya done good!

1 - 12 of 12 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.