Defensive Carry banner

1 - 14 of 14 Posts

·
Registered
3,547 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Just wanted to post some props for Sheriff Nau in Centre County, PA.

I had a death in my extended family and am trying to fly out to Philadelphia on two weeks' notice for the funeral. My MN permit isn't valid there, so I e-mailed Sheriff Nau asking what the wait might be. I note that the e-mail was sent at 3:58 p.m. my time, which is two minutes before his office was closed.

He e-mailed me back within five minutes and said I should have it by December 4, and copied the e-mail to his staff to prioritize my application.

:35:

·
Registered
1,274 Posts
Good for him! That's the way it SHOULD be!

Sorry for your family's loss though.

·
Registered
763 Posts
Denny Nau and his staff are a CCP holder's best friends in PA. When I applied for my non-resident permit, I sent the paper work in on a Monday and had my permit the following Monday. (It could have gotten to my house that Friday, but I was out of town and didn't get the mail until Monday).

·
Registered
1,915 Posts
He is great when it comes to pro-gun. Wish we had more like him around the country!

So sorry to hear about your loss.....my prayers!

·
Registered
3,547 Posts
Discussion Starter #9
... ironically, it may now be a moot point. The flight on US Airways that was $250 round trip is now SIX HUNDRED DOLLARS and I still haven't heard back from my Guard unit's chain of command if I can be gone for that drill weekend now.

Can't afford a $600 flight!

Into the last-minute waitlist, I guess.

·
Super Moderator
50,603 Posts
Let's hear it for Sheriff Nau...:congrats::congrats::congrats:

·
Super Moderator
19,779 Posts
... ironically, it may now be a moot point. The flight on US Airways that was $250 round trip is now SIX HUNDRED DOLLARS... Can't afford a $600 flight!
Most commercial airlines have "bereavement" rates for close family members of the deceased. I would make inquiry to see if you qualify.

·
Premium Member
5,765 Posts
Sorry for your loss, hope things workout with the trip...

Kudos to Sheriff Nau...he is a top notch sheriff...

·
Registered
195 Posts
sorry for your loss

sorry for your loss .

sent mine in on the 24 of nov shot him an E-mail today we will see if he replies. my first out of state .

1 - 14 of 14 Posts