Defensive Carry banner

1 - 16 of 16 Posts

·
Registered
11 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
What is a good cheap ammo, and where is the best place to get it. I'm going to the gun show this weekend and am hoping to find a good deal on some bulk. I've tried the CCI Blazer Brass which seems okay. It goes for just under $10 a box. Someone recommended Sellier&Bellot. I picked up a couple of boxes at the local shop for $12 each. Are there any good web sites where you prefer to get decent range ammo?

·
Registered
17,352 Posts
i always buy local shipping usually kills any deal on ammo ... try winchester white box from walmart if ya got one near ya

·
Registered
523 Posts
Check out Wolf at Cabela's. .45 will be about .16 cents/rd, and Walmart in CO is .18 cents/rd, tax, and shipping figured in. 9mm is the same price per rd at both locations. Winchester 100 rd box at Walmart.

I buy about 1K rounds each of .45, 9mm, and 1.2K.38 spl from Cabela's about twice a year. With their Club Card/Visa I save about $20 per order.

http://www.cabelas.com/cabelas/en/t...12&parentType=category&cmCat=&_requestid=6840

·
Registered
1,637 Posts
A lot of people don't like the WOLF stuff, I shoot it through my G21 and it works fine.

www.sportsmansguide.com has it and can be delivered for around $8.00 a box for .45. a little more or less for other cal. They have the other brands you mentioned also.

·
Registered
988 Posts
I am always looking online for ammo deals but have yet to come across anything good enough to beat the local Wally-Mart on WWB in 9mm. Sometimes I'll see some decent pricing online but after figuring the shipping cost, as mentioned earlier, it's just not that great a deal. I can get the WWB value 100rd boxes at Wally for $11 locally....

·
Registered
1,409 Posts
I find Independence to be quite good. It's a less expensive brand. If you have a Sportsman's Warehouse near you, it's about the cheapest.

·
Registered
5,142 Posts
Bud White said:
i always buy local shipping usually kills any deal on ammo ... try winchester white box from walmart if ya got one near ya
I'm with Bud, can't find it cheaper

·
Registered
570 Posts
Sellier&Bellot @ Cabelas - Less than $10.00 per box of 50 in .45 caliber acp and it's better ammo than alot of the pricier stuff.

I'm fortunate to have a Cabelas 20 minutes away.

·
Registered
376 Posts
What caliber(s) are you looking for? Keep an eye on aimsurplus.com. They occasionally get shipments in from various importers. They recently received a large fiocchi shipment and have lots of cheap 9mm ammo.

Of course - the only real way to do good AND cheap is to reload.

·
Registered
813 Posts
Not sure if you have Dick's sporting goods in your neck of the woods...here they have good prices on ammo and you get 10%off when you buy a case.

1 - 16 of 16 Posts