Status
Not open for further replies.
1 - 20 of 23 Posts

·
Registered
236 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Good Day everyone from Virginia.
I'm new to the forum and already have learned a thing are two from post's I have read. Great info and I look forward to more good reading.
I have concealed carried for fourteen years now and have learn a lot by trial and error. I carry a small 5 round Taurus 38 special in the Summer with the light clothing, usually just drop it in my left front pocket, and I like to carry my trusty Beretta 92FS in the winter months.
I have fired many 45's in the Army and am considering purchasing and carrying a full size 1911 45cal.
I have been out of the gun buying loop for many years. So my question to you all would be, what is the latest in the full size 1911s that would be a good CC gun and what would I, as Doc Holladay so eloquently but it, skin that smoke wagon from..lol Thanks for you time.

·
Registered
3,850 Posts
Welcome from Arizona - :smilez:

·
Registered
5,142 Posts
Welcome from Idaho

·
Registered
10,807 Posts
Welcome from Alabama. In reality we have some 1911 fans, some 1911 fanatics, and some 1911 maniacs. Take your choice they're all nice folks.:yup:

·
Administrator
143,950 Posts
Welcome Kimo

Thanks for registering.:usflag:

Personally I would go with a Colt Combat Commander for daily carry.
A little bit less gun at the muzzle for carry & it balances super well.

·
Registered
22 Posts
Welcome from NC Kimo. I will leave it to the members who know 1911's better that I do about which models to consider.

Rick

·
Registered
540 Posts
welcome

·
Registered
563 Posts
Welcome!

·
Registered
236 Posts
Discussion Starter #16
Thanks for the grate welcome. after reading more it seems there are quite a few 1911 45 lovers out there. I've always wonted a 1911 like the one I had in the service.
I cud not stand it any longer so yesterday I bout a parkerized Mil-Spec Springfield 1911-A1from a co-worker for a great price at 450.00.
He purchased it in 2005 and said that he has only put 60 rounds threw it. The gun is just like new and fit's my hand well. I've already decided to get the MAX-CON V holster for it as soon as the funds are available.
Well I'm off to the sporting goods store for some ammo and then to the range to put some rounds threw it and see how she shoots.
Well let you all know.

·
Registered
749 Posts
welcome from VA

·
Registered
236 Posts
Discussion Starter #20
Well I got my parkerized Mil-Spec Springfield 1911-A1 and put 250 rounds threw it Saturday and some just now. I Love it. What a great shooting gun. I did good with it but with some practice I can do better.
I tried to post some pictures for you all but the file size is to large and I don't know how do thumbnail them.
I'm sure you all have seen one before but if you can give me some advice on how to post them I will.
Now I wont a Colt Commander...lol

1 - 20 of 23 Posts
Status
Not open for further replies.