Defensive Carry banner

1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Registered
125 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
i was looking around the internet, and as i was checking the Kershaw site i saw the LEEK knife and noticed the msrp was $70, then remembered that i had just saw one at the sporting goods store for $45. pretty good deal or no?

i pretty much made up my mind to buy it(on cost), but could someone give me some input on durability, cutting ability, and edge life?

·
Registered
2,192 Posts
I don't own one because for me, the handle is just a little too small. Aside from that, they seem to be pretty good knives and everyone I've know that has one really likes it.

IIRC, Wal-mart sells them for about $35.

·
Registered
3,213 Posts
$45 is fair for the basic Leek. That's a typical price. Not a bargain but a good end buyer price.

Wally World is a touch cheaper... I don't think they're $35 cheap, but I've never seen a plain edge Leek at Wally World and I loathe serrations. The Chive may be around that price or a little cheaper but surely not the Leek...

I've had two. Traded the first one just got another one. It's a good knife for its price range. It feels a little small to me too but I mostly carry it for utility. The Wharncliffe blade is easily sharpened, I just stroke it on a ceramic rod a couple times a week.

It holds up well and is well made. I did a sort of mini review here on it a while back when I bought my second Leek.

http://www.combatcarry.com/vbulletin/showthread.php?t=5057

·
Registered
329 Posts
I gave my dad a LEEK for his birthday a few months ago, and he loves it. He's into carving various wooden things, and is constantly using the knife. His report is, the knife is the best folder I've ever given him.

·
Premium Member
25,483 Posts
Lots of Kershaw stuff HERE.

I handles a BOA a while ago and really want one of those - superb slick opening. Pricey tho, but have seen it cheaper than on the site mentioned.

·
Registered
3,468 Posts
P95Carry said:
Lots of Kershaw stuff HERE.

I handles a BOA a while ago and really want one of those - superb slick opening. Pricey tho, but have seen it cheaper than on the site mentioned.
I bought mine for $90. I don't know how much s&h would add, tho.....

The Boa is the best Kershaw made. Extremely refined, for a production model. Blade/handle ratio seems a bit off, at first, but it really melds with you when you use it. I haven't handled the Bump, yet....

1 - 6 of 6 Posts