Defensive Carry banner

1 - 13 of 13 Posts

·
Registered
93 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
just got a Delton sport ar, luv it. but, seeing Ruger ar556's for sale around $500. don't need another and don't need the wife on my back. :nono: what to do? :image035:

·
Registered
5,170 Posts
seeing Ruger ar556's for sale around $500. don't need another and don't need the wife on my back. :nono: what to do? :image035:
Buy it and tell her it was On Sale
Use women's logic (its on sale) and she will understand. :biggrin:

Reactions: G-man* and Ianthin

·
Registered
3,141 Posts
Leave house wth empty gun case. Come home with new gun in case. When wife sees it you tell her, I tried to sell this old thing at the Range or Gun Show but no takers.

·
Premium Member
5,483 Posts
just got a Delton sport ar, luv it. but, seeing Ruger ar556's for sale around $500. don't need another and don't need the wife on my back. :nono: what to do? :image035:
As said, tell it was on sale!

Not to hijack the thread, but I would like info on the car in your avatar.:yup:

·
Registered
62 Posts
Tell her it's your gift for her and shoot together. Like women sez " we saved a lot of money 'cause it was ON SALE". Is the car in your avatar a 51 or 52 Chevrolet Bel-air or DynaGlide?

·
Registered
527 Posts
Buy it, shoot it, and say "it's used and I got a great deal" or that the Deltron is used, now, and you wanted a new one.:confused:

To be honest I haven't tried these yet, so I can't say if they work.

·
Registered
6,716 Posts
Tell her to go buy a new pair of shoes it on you. NOw you won't feel guilty. Go buy the ar.

·
Registered
12,686 Posts
Only let her spot 'em one at a time, convincing her they're the...same rifle. :image035:

·
Premium Member
8,135 Posts
I feel sorry for those of you who have to sneak new guns into your homes. Gramps and I are both enablers. In fact, last year I got more new ones than he did. He stood it as long as he could and then bought himself a very lightly used SP101. It's all good!

·
Registered
4,676 Posts
Two easy long term solutions (this will come up again):

1. Have 3 entertainment accounts: his, hers, and ours. There's nothing wrong with either of you spending money for personal perks, as long as the bills and future savings are taken care of first.

2. Learn to stash cash in small amounts on a regular basis, it adds up over time. That way you can surprise her with gifts that she doesn't see in the checking account, and you can get new toys too.

·
Administrator
144,136 Posts
Divorce is always an option.

1 - 13 of 13 Posts