Defensive Carry banner

1 - 13 of 13 Posts

·
Registered
29 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
The other day my wife and I were helping move my sister-in law out of a bad situation she was living in. Long story short she was living with a "friend" and her husband who were taking advantage of her financially and emotionally. My sister-in law no longer felt safe so my wife and I decided to call the local sheriff department to accompany us with a "watch and protect order". Three very sharp deputies showed up, we explained the situation to them and headed over to the apartment. When we were in the apartment parking lot I pulled the ranking deputy aside and said "I have a concealed carry licence and am carrying now, do I need to disarm before we go in?" I figured that they would want to know such a thing before going into a potentially dangerous situation.

I was surprised with the deputy's response when he got a big smile and said "NO WAY man you're good, we appreciate you telling us though!"

Everything ended up fine, no problems but I was very impressed with the way the Jeffco Sheriff handled it. :hand10:

·
Premium Member
5,765 Posts
It doesn't surprise me...You were there to help make things safer, just like they were...

·
Premium Member
3,184 Posts
I love the deputy's response.

·
Super Moderator
50,609 Posts
Now that was a 'great' response...hope your sister-in-law finds a better situation.:hand10:

·
Registered
1,415 Posts
Thanks first and foremost, James, for being willing to step in there and help your sister-in-law get out of a bad situation.

I also think that if it was as bad as it seems that you were very wise to ask for sheriff assistance. Going in there alone, thinking you and your firearm would be enough, is sometimes the worst thing to do. So great SA for calling in backup.

Glad you got a good response from the deputy too!

Happy thanksgiving.

·
Registered
10,864 Posts
I love the deputy's response.
Now that was a 'great' response...hope your sister-in-law finds a better situation.:hand10:
GREAT! Glad everything worked out and I pray that everything works out for your sister in law.
~Steve
Thanks first and foremost, James, for being willing to step in there and help your sister-in-law get out of a bad situation.

I also think that if it was as bad as it seems that you were very wise to ask for sheriff assistance. Going in there alone, thinking you and your firearm would be enough, is sometimes the worst thing to do. So great SA for calling in backup.

Glad you got a good response from the deputy too!

Happy thanksgiving.

YEP^^^^^^^^^

"To my mind it is wholly irresponsible to go into the world incapable of preventing violence, injury, crime, and death. How feeble is the mindset to accept defenselessness. How unnatural. How cheap. How cowardly. How pathetic." Ted Nugent

·
Registered
563 Posts
Oh yah.
I really do love living here in Colorado!

Hope your sister-in-law is doing good now.

·
Registered
107 Posts
I talk to a lot of LEO's in Colorado, I am trying to become one. I haven't met one who's against CCW...yet. I haven't had the chance to talk to any administration about it.

·
Registered
5,319 Posts
Some LEOs welcome the additional firepower in case the brown hits the fan. Citizens used to provide this service more often (in my neighborhood) than they do now. Of course LEOs used to have a better sense of who they could trust. That LEO got good vibes from you, or at least he knew he couldn't disarm you. Still, he had to keep in mind that you were armed, and that was one more thing to keep at the forefront of his mind in case things went downhill.

·
Premium Member
2,652 Posts
I wish more LEO's would adopt that same attitude.
Regards,
Dan

·
Premium Member
5,038 Posts
Love it.

Some do get it -- maybe most do.

1 - 13 of 13 Posts