Defensive Carry banner

1 - 15 of 15 Posts

·
Banned
2,879 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Robbery victim shoots, kills suspect at Detroit gas station | News - Home

DETROIT -
It was 12:30 a.m. Thursday when a man was putting air in his tires at a gas station at Davison Street and Linwood in Detroit.

A suspect approached from behind with a gun drawn and tried to rob the man. However, the victim turned the tables. He took out his own gun.

From there, police say the men had a shootout. The victim was shot but managed to fir another shot at the suspect, striking him. The suspect died in a nearby alley.

"I think it's sad the guy is robbing people and sticking up people here in this neighborhood," said Mario Johnson, who live sin the area.

The Citgo gas station where this happened has been in the news before. It is the same gas station where Pastor Marvin Winans was attacked and carjacked last year. People who live in the area say they are tired of all the trouble that happens here.

"A lot of people hanging out here, but it's just a few people that are bad. You don't who is bad or not until they come up on you the wrong way. We need the protection. We need the police, so you feel safe. This is messing up the businesses and how you feel about coming here," said Johnson.

·
Registered
43,057 Posts
Airing tires at 12:30 am. I'll let it go at that.

·
Registered
4,283 Posts

·
Registered
36,326 Posts
I can't sleep at night if I think I'm a few PSI too low.
I'd feel a bit deflated for getting robbed while pumping up. I hope the citizen is going to be okay.

At o'dark-thirty I can think of better things to do than getting air. Sure, it was probably incidental to getting gas. But, it's Detroit. One would think fueling up would be done at some other time, on principle alone. It's not as though folks don't know the reputation and basic reality on the street, there.

That said, kudos to the citizen for doing what was needed to withstand the predation. Rest In Hades, robber, reaping your rewards.

·
Banned
2,879 Posts
Discussion Starter · #6 ·
Wow, you guys never worked swing-shift? Don't know where you reside, but manufacturing towns are open at all hours. Rather than critique the citizen for doing whatever he felt he had to do, I'd assume he'd be commended for being prepared. Especially in a CC forum.

·
Registered
36,326 Posts
Wow, you guys never worked swing-shift? Don't know where you reside, but manufacturing towns are open at all hours. Rather than critique the citizen for doing whatever he felt he had to do, I'd assume he'd be commended for being prepared. Especially in a CC forum.
I don't think anyone's hacking on the guy's actions. Rather, we're hacking on it being Detroit, it not being a mystery, and simply the idea that avoiding the need to get gas/air/whatever after midnight is just one of those self-preservation and sanity aspects that goes with the territory, Detroit being what it is. Swing shift or not, heading to work doesn't burn a full tank ... even with a Detroit "Special."

Kudos, to be sure, for doing what needed to be done to take out the trash. Always plenty of trash, out there.

·
Premium Member
24,512 Posts
Imagine that, airing up tires and needing to plug the bad guy. Guess he needed a bigger plug, all the air still went out of the bad guy!

·
Registered
11,157 Posts
Good to see fight in the victim. Just because you get shot, doesnt mean you have to stop fighting...Good for him...

Reactions: Snub44

·
Super Moderator
50,611 Posts
No complaints on the guy getting air for his tires at night from me...because it is bad enough just being in DaTwa?

What a war zone...they should have free busing between Chicago and Detroit so the dirtbags can really clean house on each other.

·
Registered
6,971 Posts
...that would cost 'em valuable voters...
No complaints on the guy getting air for his tires at night from me...because it is bad enough just being in DaTwa?

What a war zone...they should have free busing between Chicago and Detroit so the dirtbags can really clean house on each other.

1 - 15 of 15 Posts