Defensive Carry banner

1 - 20 of 20 Posts

·
Registered
103 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I was at the Dallas Market Hall gun show this morning intending to sell a Glock 26. Not a minute after I enter the show, a guy comes up to me asking about the Glock and price. I told him my price and he countered with an offer about $25 less than my asking price. Since I'd just gotten there, I thought I'd check out other potential buyers. I stopped to show the Glock to my buddy and the guy comes up to me again wanting to buy it and waving a stack of bills. I asked if he had a CHL or was willing for me to write down his name and driver's license. He backed away and said he would buy something else. So, I continued into the show.

As I was leaving, I see 10 - 11 Dallas Police squad cars in the parking lot together. Being curious, I look over to see what was happening and peeked in the back seat of one of the squad cars and there is the guy in the back handcuffed.

Glad I didn't sell to him.

Trust your first impressions!!!!

·
Registered
1,618 Posts
Amen to those instincts (gut feelings), they do work wonders.:smile:

I would be curious just to know what he did though.

·
Registered
473 Posts
Way to listen to the ole gut. Glad it turned out the way it did for you.

·
Registered
4,219 Posts
Spiderman.

·
Registered
10,071 Posts
Good judgement comes from experience...and a lot of that comes from bad judgement. It took me a while to appreciate the little voice in the back of my head.

·
Super Moderator
50,603 Posts
Glad you listened to your inner voice?:blink:

I always try to do what those 'voices' tell me to do...:blink:

·
Registered
11,499 Posts
Well done listening to you gut feeling! Always listen to the little man who lives in your head! He knows a lot more than you think he does. Often he knows more than you do.

·
Registered
3,604 Posts
From all of the decent, hardworking, law-abiding, honest, freedom loving, citizens of the United States of America: THANK YOU! You resisted the waving cash in the face tactic and thwarted the bad intentions of someone who probably should not possesing firearms. You demostrated logic in not selling a gun to just anyone that has the money. Sure you would not be responsible for anything that happened but you would feel guilt. Again THANKS for using good judgement.

Joker1

·
Registered
894 Posts
Amen to those instincts (gut feelings), they do work wonders.:smile:

I would be curious just to know what he did though.
I'll bet someone with a FFL got a complaint and that person called LE telling them someone tried to buy a hand gun w/o a permit.

or LE all ready had a undercover guy on site and the numbskull tried to buy a gun from him.

Now if I could get my "Instincts" to work on the stock market, I could probably retire. :headbutt:

·
Registered
15,177 Posts
I'll bet someone with a FFL got a complaint and that person called LE telling them someone tried to buy a hand gun w/o a permit.

or LE all ready had a undercover guy on site and the numbskull tried to buy a gun from him.

Now if I could get my "Instincts" to work on the stock market, I could probably retire. :headbutt:
In Tx you don't need a "PERMIT"to buy a gun,we can buy as many and as often as we like,unlike oppressive states,I'm betting an off duty cop saw the guy and knew he was a convicted felon,then watched him as he tried to buy or purchased a gun,right there he has PC to arrest for felon in posession

·
Registered
182 Posts
Good job.

Not to hijack the thread but when you are buying or selling at a gun show do you go on looks or just a gut feeling? I was at a show this weekend and saw several "Dillon Cleebold wanna-be's" as well as a few gang banger types and thought to myself "I would never buy or sell from/to that guy!"

·
Registered
6,866 Posts
I use to pay attention to what the little guy inside in my head tells me. And it is totally fine to listen to him, but if you start to answer too then you are in big trouble :blink:

Glad it worked out!

·
Premium Member
2,597 Posts
What about your gut instinct on price? Did you get your asking price? I have a couple of pistols for sale that might go at a gun show or here on DC.com.
A Beretta .40 9000-S F model and an M&P FS .45 with night sights and five mags lightly fired and in original box with all factory inclusions. Aight, dawg? ;)
I talked to a couple of very different gun stores in my area about finding a buyer and meeting him at their store to do the Tennessee and NICS. They both said just write a bill of sale. I guess there's no profit in serving the local market responsibly?

·
Registered
894 Posts
What about your gut instinct on price? Did you get your asking price? I have a couple of guns for sale that might go at a gun show or here on DC.com.
A Beretta 9000-S F model and an M&P FS .45 with night sights and five mags lightly fired and in original box with all factory inclusions.

WTH does that mean??? :rofl::rofl::rofl::blink::banana:

·
Registered
6,866 Posts
My newest pistol, which I got for about 3 months ago, is still “lightly fired” too. So far I have put on it only about 900 rounds :image035:

·
Premium Member
2,597 Posts
:rolleyes:
Well, a gun store clerk said that the red coloring along the bottom rail is factory lubricant that has not been worked off by firing. :yup:

You interested?

·
Registered
894 Posts
:rolleyes:
Well, a gun store clerk said that the red coloring along the bottom rail is factory lubricant that has not been worked off by firing. :yup:

You interested?

:rofl:no thanx, If I bring home one more firearm my love life may take a turn for the worse............if ya-know-what-I-mean :nutkick: :blink::yup:

1 - 20 of 20 Posts