Defensive Carry banner

1 - 20 of 25 Posts

·
Registered
1 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Good morning from a Washington State resident. While googling information on CCW permit issues this morning, I stumbled across this forum, read some of the threads, and decided to join. I'm a retired LEO who served with two Counties here in Washington over a span of 34 years, and currently working for a large corporation as a Manufacturing Engineer. As with many retired LEO's, even though the law says that we don't need a CCW permit, we cover all of our bases anyway and get them for that "just in case" scenario. For me, not carrying a sidearm almost feels like I've left my best friend at home after all these years. I joined this forum to read and interact with people of like minds, and maybe even make some friends. Cheers and have a great day! :wave:

·
Super Moderator
22,275 Posts
Welcome. :hand10:

Reactions: RDRAY

·
Registered
249 Posts
Welcome from Texas.

·
Banned
854 Posts
Good morning from a Washington State resident. While googling information on CCW permit issues this morning, I stumbled across this forum, read some of the threads, and decided to join. I'm a retired LEO who served with two Counties here in Washington over a span of 34 years, and currently working for a large corporation as a Manufacturing Engineer. As with many retired LEO's, even though the law says that we don't need a CCW permit, we cover all of our bases anyway and get them for that "just in case" scenario. For me, not carrying a sidearm almost feels like I've left my best friend at home after all these years. I joined this forum to read and interact with people of like minds, and maybe even make some friends. Cheers and have a great day! :wave:
Right on. Welcome! Looking forward to your insight and experience.

·
Registered
4,480 Posts
Welcome aboard! I'm sure you will be a valuable addition.

·
Registered
681 Posts
Welcome!

·
Premium Member
2,536 Posts
Welcome! Looking forward to your input!

·
Super Moderator
50,610 Posts
Welcome...

from Central Florida!

RET :31:

·
Premium Member
4,253 Posts
Welcome to Defensive Carry :wave: The best forum for sharing ideas and experience.

Help us keep this forum great by remembering the Golden Rule: Please treat others as you want to be treated.

I am from Kansas.

·
Registered
1,330 Posts
Welcome, I have done some Sturgeon fishing in your neck of the woods. We also drove around Mt. St. Helen on some forest service roads. We didn't see a damn thing due to clouds.

·
Registered
9,340 Posts
Greetings.jpg
Welcome !!!!

·
Registered
6,587 Posts
Welcome from Wisconsin!

·
Premium Member
1,046 Posts
Good morning from a Washington State resident.. .....retired LEO who served with two Counties here in Washington over a span of 34 years ..... not carrying a sidearm almost feels like I've left my best friend at home :wave:

Welcome from the Lone Star State and my thanks for your many years of service as LEO. Know the feeling of "the missing friend". Had an appointment at the VA Hospital in Houston last week and felt virtually naked walking to and from the car.

1 - 20 of 25 Posts