Defensive Carry banner

Status
Not open for further replies.
1 - 20 of 41 Posts

·
Premium Member
1,553 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
After living in the state for about 10 years I finally and going through the laborious process of getting my permit. :hand2:

Growing up I had shot rifles and an occasional handgun and belonged to a rod & gun club with my dad for a number of years. So shooting isn't a new experience for me but rather one I'm getting back into after a very long hiatus. It feels good!

I've been lurking here for a couple of months already so I figured it was about time I joined and said hi. I look forward to participating and learning with all of you.

·
Premium Member
24,511 Posts
Welcome from Virginia.

·
Registered
7,421 Posts
:022: from Ga. Welcome to DC.

·
Registered
449 Posts
Welcome from Westchester County, NY! Which County do you hail from? Other than my County, Rockland, NYC, and other counties, you should be able to obtain an unrestricted CCWP minus the ridiculous paperwork.

Also, if you do live close to the Connecticut border, I would suggest obtaining a non-resident CCWP. A relatively easy process, you would have additional acreage with which to exercise your 2nd Amendment right!

·
Premium Member
1,553 Posts
Discussion Starter #11
Thank you for the welcome everyone!

Welcome from Westchester County, NY! Which County do you hail from? Other than my County, Rockland, NYC, and other counties, you should be able to obtain an unrestricted CCWP minus the ridiculous paperwork.

Also, if you do live close to the Connecticut border, I would suggest obtaining a non-resident CCWP. A relatively easy process, you would have additional acreage with which to exercise your 2nd Amendment right!

Thanks for the input. :)

I'm in Westchester and I know all about the process and restrictions. I read your post on getting your restriction lifted and might want to ask you a few questions in private if that's ok?

I live right on the CT border and plan on getting my non-res right after I get my NYS. I actually took my NRA course at a range in CT close to my house where I want to go shoot when I get my permits.

Where do you go to shoot?

·
Registered
7,974 Posts
Welcome from South Carolina...

·
Premium Member
5,765 Posts
Welcome from Texas! :wave:

·
Premium Member
6,539 Posts