Defensive Carry banner

1 - 20 of 45 Posts

·
Registered
99 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I was out bumming around and decided to go to Cal-Ranch. I wanted to see how often they get the M&P shield in stock. I started looking over all the handguns and didn't see one, and was about to walk out. then something caught my eye, a shiny(not really) brand new M&P Shield .40. I had been calling all the LGS for the last month looking for one. Now I am the proud new owner of a M&P Shield(kinda). Here is the bad news, I didn't have enough money to buy it so I had to put it on layaway :frown:

·
Registered
2,167 Posts
Don't look at it as bad news you have one just cant take it home yet but it is yours. :smile:

·
Registered
99 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
good way to look at it, I currently carry the fullsize brother.

·
Registered
4,890 Posts
Consider yourself lucky as a lot of gun stores in my area are no longer offering layaway and you did find a Shield! Love mine in 9mm.

·
Registered
74 Posts
Consider yourself lucky as a lot of gun stores in my area are no longer offering layaway and you did find a Shield! Love mine in 9mm.
Plus 10000 on that post! M&P's are very difficult to come by in my area. The Shields are even harder to find. Be happy, happy, happy!!!

·
Registered
4,890 Posts
Plus 10000 on that post! M&P's are very difficult to come by in my area. The Shields are even harder to find. Be happy, happy, happy!!!
My LGS has been getting a reasonably steady supply of 9mm Shields in. However, I believe they go out much faster than they come in!

·
Registered
99 Posts
Discussion Starter · #9 ·
the one I bought was the only one they had in the last 3 months, they put it on the shelf at noon and I claimed it at 5pm

·
Registered
99 Posts
Discussion Starter · #12 ·
The local classifieds people are selling them for $650-$700 mine was $533 out the door.

·
Registered
111 Posts
My LGS told me they won't layaway any guns with "high capacity magazines". I told him that I didn't even see any "high capacity magazines" in his store. Norton.gif

·
Registered
99 Posts
Discussion Starter · #14 ·
now I need a holster for it I have a leather Galco IWB and RRCS Kydex IWB for the bigbrother. does any one have a good shield holster?

·
Registered
346 Posts
Congrats! I *finally* got one myself yesterday -- a 9 mm. Probably paid a little too much, but I've been looking for one for quite a while. They don't stay on the shelf longer than an hour or two around here. You were wise to get one while you could!

·
Registered
99 Posts
Discussion Starter · #16 ·
I stood there With the devil on one shoulder and an angle on the other "you should get it", "no, your going to buy a house and can't afford it". I called my bank "looking" for a reason not buy it, then the worker said I can put it on layaway and pay it off in 90 days. That was it I had to have it!

·
Banned
5,171 Posts
Sounds like pure good news! Layaway will take a little longer but at the end it's going home with you.

·
Registered
99 Posts
Discussion Starter · #19 ·
Cokeman: the one on 500East in American Fork, It was $499 list price and $533 out the door.

·
Registered
1,371 Posts
Are the Shields as good as the buzz? Ive never fired one but my LGS owner said they were doodie. He must be off his rocker with what I see on here. Maybe he says that because he cant get any

1 - 20 of 45 Posts