Defensive Carry banner
Status
Not open for further replies.

Good News for Arizona citizens

682 views 2 replies 2 participants last post by  P95Carry 
#1 ·
I got this in an email today, and thought I'd share in the good news...

Arizona Self-Defense Legislation Signed By Governor!

Senate Bill 1145, the "Castle Doctrine" legislation sponsored by Senator Timothy Bee (D-30) and Representative Jonathan Paton (R-30), was signed by Governor Janet Napolitano Monday, April 24.

Senate Bill 1145 has two components. One is Castle Doctrine, which presumes you are justified in the use of force if you believe you are in danger of serious bodily harm or death within your home or occupied vehicle. The second and most significant component is the return of the burden of proof in self-defense cases to the state, so law-abiding citizens who are forced to actually use their firearms or other means of protection for self-defense will not be wrongfully imprisoned or financially devastated by costs associated with their legal defense. They will once again be presumed innocent - consistent with the American system of justice.

A special thank you to all NRA members for your calls and emails in support of SB 1145 during the legislative session!

Arizonans who must defend their lives against criminals will no longer be treated worse than the criminals who attacked them.

See less See more
#3 ·
No sweat - good news like this is always something we want to put about! :smilez:

I'll close this one tho as we have it covered elsewhere.

Status
Not open for further replies.
You have insufficient privileges to reply here.