1 - 13 of 13 Posts

·
Registered
2,021 Posts
Discussion Starter #1

·
Registered
6,269 Posts
Fun stuff. Following directions like that will make you confident and effective. We'll start at three yards and work it out to failure.

·
Super Moderator
16,388 Posts
I like the concept but my problem is around here there is nowhere to practice those techniques.

·
Registered
34,628 Posts
My short session with Matt Temkin showed me there was value in point shooting. It's not the answer to every SD scenario, but a viable option to have available.

·
Registered
4,088 Posts
It works for me "point shooting", out to 15 yards. PS Good read ; )
H/D

·
Banned
19,639 Posts
I've got one of Charlie's books in my library. Askins was a man not to be trifled with, one of the top bulls eye shooters in the world at one time, it's interesting he writes about threat focused skills which are fully opposite bulls eye shooting.

Proving once again, the man knew how to skin a cat many different ways depending on how the cat was presented. :hand10:

·
Registered
1,727 Posts
I have only one remaining book, Askins autobiography The Unrepentant Sinner (autographed San Antonia 16 April 87, there were other books at one time that were given to others. Also have a small correspondence file. He may have replied to me in writing because his son was also USMC (Viet-Nam) as a helicopter pilot, as for me I was just enlisted man. Askins was a proficient combatant. Askins in my opinion was never one school of thought in regards to marksmanship application be it sighted, point shooting and or what ever. I think he had his issues and for better or worse he was a man of his time which probably would not be tolerated in todays world.

·
Registered
2,021 Posts
Discussion Starter #9
Reactions: Sister

·
Registered
4,811 Posts
Thanks Bill in MO! Good read :smile:

·
Registered
771 Posts
I've got one of Charlie's books in my library. Askins was a man not to be trifled with, one of the top bulls eye shooters in the world at one time, it's interesting he writes about threat focused skills which are fully opposite bulls eye shooting.

Proving once again, the man knew how to skin a cat many different ways depending on how the cat was presented. :hand10:
I was quite caught up in the Bullseye game as a young man. Askins was a legend... in so many ways.

I still enjoy the old style when plinking in the natural world. Old school revolvers and Bullseye... those were the days.

1 - 13 of 13 Posts