1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
Registered
2,034 Posts
Discussion Starter #1 (Edited)

·
Super Moderator
19,004 Posts
The Sheriff of LA county sounds like he needs to live in LA without his gun for about a month, then see if he supports no CCW for citizens.

·
Registered
531 Posts
rocky said:
The Sheriff of LA county sounds like he needs to live in LA without his gun for about a month, then see if he supports no CCW for citizens.

Other than being a current LEO by his own admission he does not qualify to carry a firearm.

I wonder what would happen if his force played by his rules. IE an officer had to be victim of a violent crime before they could carry a firearm.

Holdcard

·
Registered
2,753 Posts
Kudos to Sheriff Joe Arpaio of Maricopa County, AZ -- more armed citizens!

·
Registered
6,514 Posts
yep, typical....only the elite or someone that has already been a victim of a crime....real smart, so the rest of us are cannon fodder, we have to wait until we've been a victim...hope we survive so we could get that permit

...one thing I noticed...the LA sheriff said they would issue to retired FBI officers, etc....If I'm not mistaken retired cops period (federal, state, local) are allowed to carry concealed due to federal legislation
I may be wrong on that so don't whack my knuckles too hard if I'm wrong

·
Registered
988 Posts
I listened as long as I could possibly bear. The LA county sheriff Leroy Baca completely flipped me over...

" We issue to citizens who have been a VICTIM of violent crime...."

WTF???? I guess you have to be a VICTIM first before you have the RIGHT to defend yourself from ever becoming a VICTIM!!!

Unreal. I'm glad my Chief doesnt believe in all of us getting horrible 3rd degree burns while fighting fires before he'll allow us to wear state-of-the-art bunker gear to protect ourselves from beign horribly burned AGAIN.

·
Registered
26 Posts
64zebra, you are correct. H.R. 218, "The Law Enforcement Officer's Safety Act" is what your statement falls under. I believe that the retired LEO must follow their Department's qualification requirements, though. I have friends that are from both FBI and LEO. We hash this out on occasion. Click here for the LINK to the Act.

1 - 7 of 7 Posts