Defensive Carry banner

1 - 13 of 13 Posts

·
Registered
6,020 Posts
So a gang member was shot and killed by police, and a gun that had been handed in TO the police was found by his body? Yeah, no whiff of a throw down piece there.

·
Registered
5,216 Posts
Read this article yesterday. My opinion...which ain't worth the paper i'm typing on... Bad cop caught with a throwdown. THIS is one more reason why nobody will trust the cops in those areas.

·
Registered
7,968 Posts
did he do a background check on the police before selling to them? If not, will he be held accountable?
Yes, I’m only half serious.

Reactions: Stirling XD

·
Registered
1,375 Posts
Read this article yesterday. My opinion...which ain't worth the paper i'm typing on... Bad cop caught with a throwdown. THIS is one more reason why nobody will trust the cops in those areas.
That's one possibility. The other being the gun was sold of by a dirty cop, or other employee, who were involved in the "destruction" of those guns years ago and it simply was never recovered until now.

Both scenarios are equally plausible, and both show why government doing gun buybacks is a bad idea.

The community not trusting cops is a different beast altogether. That's a much longer, and detailed conversation. The short story is, they abandoned their faith, and the results are not pretty.

·
Super Moderator
16,387 Posts
All these people yammering about getting guns off the streets yet I have never seen any type of gun casually strolling down any street.

Reactions: montejames and OD*

·
Premium Member
2,240 Posts
Hey, given that guns are bad and jump off shelves and out of holsters to shoot people all on their own, who is to say that it didn't make it out of the evidence lockup on its own too!?! Hmmm?

Reactions: msgt/ret

·
Registered
907 Posts
That's one possibility. The other being the gun was sold of by a dirty cop, or other employee, who were involved in the "destruction" of those guns years ago and it simply was never recovered until now.

Both scenarios are equally plausible, and both show why government doing gun buybacks is a bad idea.

The community not trusting cops is a different beast altogether. That's a much longer, and detailed conversation. The short story is, they abandoned their faith, and the results are not pretty.
You beat me to it! Exactly my thoughts on this post.

·
Registered
Northwest Oregon
15,814 Posts
I forgot and left my safe open one day. Fortunately, none of my guns escaped to the streets.

·
Registered
1,087 Posts
I would think it's also possible that the judge that owned the gun sold it to someone that he shouldn't have or in a way that he shouldn't have and now that it turned up at a crime scene he is trying to cover his backside. So he is claiming he handed it over at a gun buyback. If he is a liberal, he gets to act noble for doing what liberals consider to be "the right thing" and give the police a black eye at the same time.

1 - 13 of 13 Posts