Defensive Carry banner

1 - 17 of 17 Posts

·
Registered
350 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Picked up a Kershaw Vapor at Sports Authority a little while ago as a first EDC knife. Trying to open this thing has really hurt the joints in my hand. I ordered a Spyderco Delica from Amazon and it just got in today. What a world of difference!!! Goodbye Kershaw Vapor, Hello Spyderco Delica!

·
Super Moderator
10,458 Posts
I'm a big fan of spyderco, hope that your delica serves you well.

·
Registered
28 Posts
Although I'm a fan of Kershaw, their quality has gone down the past few years. I'm still a fan of the Spyderco's though, as they still use VG-10 steel for their blades.

·
Registered
759 Posts
Goto walmart.com and you can order a bunch of spyderco's at walmarts prices. Even better is you can have them shipped to your closest store for free.

·
Registered
350 Posts
Discussion Starter · #7 ·
Goto walmart.com and you can order a bunch of spyderco's at walmarts prices. Even better is you can have them shipped to your closest store for free.
The Amazon price was a little better than the Walmart price. I also have an SOG Flash I on order from BotachTactical, so it will be interesting comparing the two. I'm signed up for a Defensive Folding Knife class at Insights Training in December, so hopefully I can learn to use them too :)

But damn, this Delica is smoooooottthhhhh.

·
Registered
3,547 Posts
I've owned a good couple dozen Spydercos and Kershaws. The Kershaw you replaced was a pretty low-end one, and you replaced it with what is arguably the flagship knife of Spyderco. I LOVE the Delica. Like the waved one better, though.

·
Registered
33 Posts
For anyone interested, if you think you love Spyderco now, try a ZDP blade!!! Easily the sharpest knives I own! (think laser)

·
Premium Member
6,835 Posts
Good choice. I have two Delicas: One slick blade and one partially serrated. Love 'em both!

·
Registered
2,192 Posts
definitely a step up

·
Registered
36,326 Posts
Delica, Endura, Native FRN. Nice rigs. Easy on the hands, easy to deploy, protects the hand well during deployment, brutally sharp when prepped correctly. The Native FRN, in particular, is quite strong. None are field survival knives, but they work exceptionally well as pocket knives. I find the sharpness fades relatively quickly, as compared to some other units I have had, though this is the only negative aspect I can think of. Highly recommended.

·
Registered
653 Posts
Spyderco knifes are an example of quality that doesn't come at an astronomical price. I've used a Delica live blade, and a Delica trainer during training, for over five years. Heavy use, thousands of opens and not so much as a loose screw during all of this time.

·
Registered
241 Posts
I love my Spydercos. I've had one on my hip constantly since at least 1993. I just picked up a new Delica with g10 grips, the texture and grip are amazing.

1 - 17 of 17 Posts