Defensive Carry banner

1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Registered
572 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I recently switched browsers. I used to use Google Chrome for my main computing window, usually open with with many tabs, and Mozilla Firefox for my single-tab streaming video window (Hulu, Netflix, etc.) on my left monitor.

The problem arose when the per-tab resources under Chrome became too much for my system to handle without significant slowdowns. Similarly, and probably because Chrome is a per-tab resource hog, the single-tab Firefox window through which I streamed video was starting to jitter.

I did some research and discovered two things:

1. With just one tab up, Chrome's performance for nearly everything, including streaming video, is much faster than that of Firefox.

2. Firefox handles having many tabs in a significantly more efficient manner than Chrome.

So, I switched browsers. I'm now using Chrome for streaming video and Firefox for surfing the 'Net. Result: Memory use remains the same, but still well below my 8 GB max of system memory. However, CPU use has dropped from 68% to 43%. That's a 36.8% reduction in processor load, with a corresponding uptick in overall system responsiveness.

No more video jitters.

The only problem: Defensive Carry isn't allowing me to log in under Firefox. I do get the, "Thank you for logging in, since9," then the next screen shows I'm not logged in and carries the following Notice: "ATTENTION: If you are having trouble logging in, you can reset your password here. If you are unable to reset your password, contact us."

It's obviously not a password issue. Tried it three times. No-go all three times. Obviously, it's the same password I use when logging in under Chrome, on the same computer, keyboard and operating system.

I checked logins into my own vBulletin message forum (ver 4.2.2) on both browsers with no issues.

Is there something running on DefensiveCarry.com that prohibits logins from Mozilla Firefox?

Computer: HP
Model: Envy
Proc: Intel i5
Ram: 8 GB (less than 6 is being used)
SSD: 1 TB Samsung, 300 GB free

Browser: Mozilla Firefox
Build: 69.0.1 (64-bit)
Release: Sept 18, 2019

Any ideas on why DefensiveCarry.com won't load on Firefox?

Any suggestions for a fix?

·
Registered
572 Posts
Discussion Starter #2
That was weird... Before getting out of Firefox, I clicked on an interesting link, and NOW DefensiveCarry.com says I'm logged in.

(facepalms)

Ok, nevermind...

Reactions: Rock and Glock

·
Registered
34,673 Posts
Consider yourself never minded.

·
Premium Member
2,260 Posts
Any suggestions for a fix?
I'm using Firefox 69.0.1 on Ubuntu Linux 18.04 with no problems. Been using Firefox exclusively for a few years now. Occasionally I have to wipe out cookies and browsing history but that's the only real issue I have. I usually have more than 15 tabs open when using Firefox (I have 32 GB of memory on this PC). No problem logging into defensivecarry but I do get some kind of message about tokens from time to time - closing and reopening Firefox fixes that issue.

1 - 5 of 5 Posts