Defensive Carry banner

1 - 20 of 25 Posts

·
Registered
G19/4 - P365 - TX-22 - G42 (for now)
205 Posts
Good on ya' -- Fine piece for any reason.

·
Registered
824 Posts
Nice! Did it come with the Ameriglo sights? I’ve got a Gen 4 G19 that I put Trijicon HDs on, and I find that for the sight picture I prefer, they shoot high for me. I’d like to get something with a bold front sight that better matches the stock ball-in-bucket POA—POI on the Gen 4s. I think the Gen 5s are slightly different, from what I’ve read.

·
Premium Member
7,472 Posts
We each have our own idea of what constitutes "beauty." Gramps got a couple SIG P320's. Compared to the Glocks we both owned and loved, those SIG's ARE BIG, FAT and UGLY!!!!!! Both are "compact", so I'm at least comparing apples to apples.

After shooting them for some time, Gramps sold both SIG's and went back to his Glocks!

·
Registered
824 Posts
We each have our own idea of what constitutes "beauty." Gramps got a couple SIG P320's. Compared to the Glocks we both owned and loved, those SIG's ARE BIG, FAT and UGLY!!!!!! Both are "compact", so I'm at least comparing apples to apples.
View attachment 334901

After shooting them for some time, Gramps sold both SIG's and went back to his Glocks!
I agree, ShooterGranny. I don’t care for the looks of the p320 line at ALL, not even over a Glock. Now the classic metal Sig p-series pistols? Different story altogether! Love the looks of those!

·
Registered
815 Posts
Congratulations on the new gun.
Not a Glock fan, but congratulations non the less. Let us know how it does after putting some rounds through it.

·
Registered
2,370 Posts
If I had known I could add a safety to the Glock, I would have checked them out.

·
Premium Member
690 Posts
I have had a Glock 19 for at least 20 years and love it. I believe mine is a 2nd gen. After many 1000's of round through my gun I have never had a malfunction. I know you are going to love yours. Hope you post a range report. Thanks for sharing.

·
Registered
669 Posts
Discussion Starter #16
Nice! Did it come with the Ameriglo sights? I’ve got a Gen 4 G19 that I put Trijicon HDs on, and I find that for the sight picture I prefer, they shoot high for me. I’d like to get something with a bold front sight that better matches the stock ball-in-bucket POA—POI on the Gen 4s. I think the Gen 5s are slightly different, from what I’ve read.
Yes, they are factory Ameriglo sights. I ordered it that way from the dealer. I love these sights, and it is nice to have it come that way... And, not have to change the sights...

I previously had a Glock 48 with these sights. They are awesome. I have them on a Beretta APX as well. That was the first gun that I tried them on. I love the orange front dot

·
Registered
694 Posts
Picked up the same pistol yesterday, minus the Ameriglo sights. I just can’t stay away from Glocks.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

·
Registered
4,328 Posts
The Glock 19 is a great defensive pistol. I love the Gen 5 models. I find the grip texture and the lack of finger grooves a great addition. I'm running Ameriglo Pro Glo Tritium front and blacked out Hackathorn on the rear of my Gen 5 G26. I have found this combination to work very well for me.

·
Registered
694 Posts
The Glock 19 is a great defensive pistol. I love the Gen 5 models. I find the grip texture and the lack of finger grooves a great addition. I'm running Ameriglo Pro Glo Tritium front and blacked out Hackathorn on the rear of my Gen 5 G26. I have found this combination to work very well for me.
It’s 2020. I can’t understand why we still think these are such great pistols.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Reactions: Tundra5.7

·
Registered
9,107 Posts
If I had known I could add a safety to the Glock, I would have checked them out.
I can't tell from your post, but you may be aware that you can. It works, it is not that big a deal to install yourself with an included jig and it does not violate the warranty. There are multiple manufacturers.

1 - 20 of 25 Posts