Defensive Carry banner

21 - 25 of 25 Posts

·
Registered
2,370 Posts
I can't tell from your post, but you may be aware that you can. It works, it is not that big a deal to install yourself with an included jig and it does not violate the warranty. There are multiple manufacturers.
Yes, I found that out after purchasing and learning about guns. I like the one that installs behind the slide. It activates by pressing in when holstering and unholstering and the pistol is ready for use instantly upon drawing. Seems to me, most NDs occur on holstering and unholstering. After a dozen or two times in and out of the holster should make the action automatic. Still don't understand the grip or trigger safeties. They just make the anti-gunners happy to, in their ignorant minds, harder to let off a round. To me, they do nothing but make the gun a little more expensive and complicated, a Captain Dunsel trinket that really does nothing to make a gun safer to handle. In fact, it seems to me the trigger safety, that stupid two-piece nonsense, can make it not go bang in the middle of a physical altercation when I might not be able to get a decent grip on the gun to make it go bang into the bad guy.

·
Registered
9,107 Posts
Yes, I found that out after purchasing and learning about guns. I like the one that installs behind the slide. It activates by pressing in when holstering and unholstering and the pistol is ready for use instantly upon drawing. Seems to me, most NDs occur on holstering and unholstering. After a dozen or two times in and out of the holster should make the action automatic. Still don't understand the grip or trigger safeties. They just make the anti-gunners happy to, in their ignorant minds, harder to let off a round. To me, they do nothing but make the gun a little more expensive and complicated, a Captain Dunsel trinket that really does nothing to make a gun safer to handle. In fact, it seems to me the trigger safety, that stupid two-piece nonsense, can make it not go bang in the middle of a physical altercation when I might not be able to get a decent grip on the gun to make it go bang into the bad guy.
I like the one that is more like a 1911 safety such as the one made by Ten Ring Precision. That's because I'm used to 1911's. Needing a gun during a contact situation is why I like revolvers. No grip issues or "out of battery" issues with a wheel gun. But that's what I grew up on also.

·
Registered
3,244 Posts
Congratulations ! G19 is a very versatile weapon.

Reactions: shipwreck

·
Registered
284 Posts
I picked up a new toy today - a Glock 19 with Ameriglo night sights...

I had to sell my Glock 48, because the combo of the single stack grip and glock grip angle hurt my wrist. But, the double stack Glocks don't bother me...

Excellent. The Ameriglos are my favorite pistol combat sites.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

21 - 25 of 25 Posts