Defensive Carry banner

1 - 20 of 25 Posts

·
Registered
376 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I have been looking to replace my Kel-Tec P11 carry gun because although it has been 100% reliable, it is just too hard to shoot to practice as much as I would like. I had been pricing out the XD’s and Glocks and was just about set on the XD’s as they are a lot cheaper than the Glocks around here.
I was driving home and stopped by a small gun shop that had just opened a few mother ago.
I was going to ask what he could get an XD sub compact for but he had just bought several NIB Glocks from someone who was selling off his collection. After the seller left 1 asked what he wanted for the Glock 19.
He said since they were closing in 15 minutes, he would let me have it for $400 out the door.
It had all the original papers and equipment, 2- 15 round mags with +2 extenders and best of all, factory night sights.
The original receipt from the owners purchase in 2007 was at the bottom of the box. $645.99 from the local Sportsman’s Warehouse.
Now I just have to go try it out and make an IWB holster for it.

·
Registered
5,327 Posts
You just bought the overall best compact combat 9mm in the world. IMHO.

·
Registered
1,046 Posts
You just bought the overall best compact combat 9mm in the world. IMHO.
I agree...the ONE gun in the house the wife and step-son LOVE to shoot morte than any other is the Glock 19! Congrats...you too will come to love it.

·
Registered
1,517 Posts
Congrats on a fine pistol.

·
Banned
13,685 Posts

ON YOUR NEW

·
Registered
493 Posts
Likewise, congrats on our new pistol. You'll get a lot of reliable use from it..
:hand10:

·
Super Moderator
50,585 Posts
Congrats on that new pistola, but I would be looking out the window for 'flashing lights' for a while...you 'robbed' that guy.:yup::yup:

·
Premium Member
5,765 Posts
Congrats on the new pistola... :congrats: Great Deal...

·
Registered
376 Posts
Discussion Starter #13
Thanks everyone, I have shot tons of other revolvers and autos, but this is my first Glock so if any experts on them have any advice or tips about them, I would appreciate

·
Registered
2,163 Posts
Besides the Sig P228 the G19 is King of 9mm's. You got a great deal, I have been looking for a deal like this for me!!

NCH

·
Registered
7,421 Posts
Sounds like you were in the right place at the right time... Good catch. :yup:

·
Premium Member
2,355 Posts
Good deal. Be carefull, there's something in the polymer that gets into your blood.

·
Registered
313 Posts
Sounds to me like that Glock was stolen twice in the same day! Well, maybe you didn't steal it, but you sure didn't overpay. Original owner must've been sick.

·
Registered
22,908 Posts
It pays to be in the right place at the right time. Good find.

·
Registered
1,387 Posts
"He said since they were closing in 15 minutes, he would let me have it for $400 out the door.
It had all the original papers and equipment, 2- 15 round mags with +2 extenders and best of all, factory night sights.
The original receipt from the owners purchase in 2007 was at the bottom of the box. $645.99 from the local Sportsman’s Warehouse."

:icon_neutral: I will never get how some people will sell like new stuff at a HUGE loss.

Congrats ! I recently got my first glock , a G33

:wave:

1 - 20 of 25 Posts