Defensive Carry banner

1 - 16 of 16 Posts

·
Registered
2,848 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Have wanted a newer revovler with 4" barrel and had been leaning towards a smith 686plus, that is until I held the 686 pro series, can't tell you how good this gun felt in my hands. I shoot it yesterday, trigger is great right out of the box. Very accurate. Recoil almost non existant with .38 specials, and the pmc 158 grain fmj's I shoot weren't all that bad either, loud of course, but my hand didn't sting as it did with my k-frame model 66 before replacing the hogue grips with exposed back strap with the pachmayr compact grips which cover the back strap. Put a cylinder and slide lumi fixed sight on it (same as comes on the night guard series) that I had purchased for my mod 66, and didn't fit. I am planning on adding a XS sights standard dot night site to it in the near future.:image035:

Attachments

·
Registered
4,469 Posts
Thats a beauty. I have an old 686 pre lock with the Pachmayr grips. It's a blast to shoot.

·
Registered
3,873 Posts
Very nice!

·
Super Moderator
50,603 Posts
Great revolver you have there...:yup::hand10:

·
Registered
4,227 Posts
My neighbor has a 686 and I get to shoot it all the time, very sweet gun. He can shoot 25 yard groups with it that are crazy. Waiting on range reports.

·
Registered
11,499 Posts
Nice wheel gun you have there! Hope she shoots as sweet as she looks!:hand10:

·
Banned
10,182 Posts
I saw one today (would like to have one) at a gun show and it looked like someone had run it thru a cement mixer and beat it to death with a hammer.... and of course, the dealer thought it was made of gold. I laughed, and walked on...

Looks nice.

1 - 16 of 16 Posts