Defensive Carry banner

1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Super Moderator
13,477 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I already had a Surefire X200A so I had a good light to compare the TLR-2 to. But first, the TLR-2 is a WML with a very white, uniform, well focused beam. The TLR-2 also has a laser sight under the white light. All for $233; the TLR-1 (no laser) for $109.

It's whiter and brighter than the X200. It has, I think, a better mounting system as well and it's very close to the same size as the X200.

If this thing had intensity control, it'd be my everything light, WML, handheld, walking in the dark, dodging dog poop in the yard at night, etc. but it's a little too bright for general use.

·
Premium Member
25,481 Posts
Heard plenty of good things on TLR - but for me more than I need.

How useful is the laser?

·
Super Moderator
19,011 Posts
how bright is the light compared to your X200?

·
Super Moderator
13,477 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
P95Carry said:
Heard plenty of good things on TLR - but for me more than I need.

How useful is the laser?
Some :redface: Meaning that to be useful, it has to be on the gun and of course, except around the house over night, it likely isn't going to be on the gun.

I haven't shot with it yet so I can't address that yet, but unless there is some activation problem, I think it's gonna do just fine. Not as convinient as a "squeeze grip" switch, but I found the CT switches didn't work that well for me and have already removed them from my Sig 226. I guess nothing truely fits everyone.

1 - 5 of 5 Posts