Defensive Carry banner

Status
Not open for further replies.
1 - 20 of 114 Posts

·
Premium Member
5,611 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Went to run some errands with my best friend and we decided to walk around the mall for a bit. I almost never go to the mall so it was something different. Made it about 5 minutes in was approached by security...keep in mind i had removed my hoodie but was carrying IWB... i open and concealed carry , depends on my general mood. Any who, Paul Blart junior, and yes, he was actually on a segway, approached us . Long story short, the mall is posted with prohibited signs, which is actually a 13x19 or so sized poster with the "rules of conduct", in which weapons are prohibited. signage has no law in Indiana, so the only thing they could do was ak me to leave, which i courteously did. The mall is a Simon property, so now i have to find out every property they own, and never go there.

·
Premium Member
5,611 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
You are obviously distraught.
I am...but only because i learned they took the dairy queen out of the food court. Other than that i could care less honestly.

·
Banned
3,119 Posts
Went to run some errands with my best friend and we decided to walk around the mall for a bit. I almost never go to the mall so it was something different. Made it about 5 minutes in was approached b y security...keep in mind i had removed my hoodie but was carrying IWB... i open and concealed carry , depends on my general mood. Any who, Paul Blart junior, and yes, he was actually on a segway, approached us . Long story short, the mall is posted with prohibited signs, which is actually a 13x19 or so sized poster with the "rules of conduct", in which weapons are prohibited. signage has no law in Indiana, so the only thing they could do was ak me to leave, which i courteously did. The mall is a Simon property, so now i have to find out every property they own, and never go there.
Most malls as well as movie theaters do not allow weapons. At least I know all that I know of in my area are that way. I just stay concealed and everyone is happy.

·
Premium Member
5,611 Posts
Discussion Starter #7
Most malls as well as movie theaters do not allow weapons. At least I know all that I know of in my area are that way. I just stayed concealed and everyone is happy.
i dont go to movie theatres, and the mall is maybe once a year...woulkdnt know, or care, if it is allowed or not to be honest. Now i know, so I wont go....

·
Premium Member
5,611 Posts
Discussion Starter #8
So was your IWB concealed or openly visible?

Dairy Queen is fattening anyway :rofl:
it was plainly visible...i left the hoodie in the jeep. I CC or OC as my mood dictates. I didnt feel like carryhing the hoodie.

·
Registered
1,796 Posts
We have one of their malls here and they have the same sign but in only one place, in a small hallway that leads to the restrooms and the mall office. Here in Virginia the sign must be placed in a conspicuous manner at each entrance where it can be readily seen. They hold no power of law just like in your state. When I do go there it is usually for Sears and I go in the actual Sears entrance which is not posted, I have never been asked to leave Sears. When in the actual mall I find a way to conceal because of way too many youngsters and young "adults" who act more like children than adults. I don't want any loudmouth causing me or my family any problems.

·
Premium Member
5,611 Posts
Discussion Starter #11
You posed such a threat that an unarmed (assumption) rent-a-cop approached you, asking you to leave. Boy was he lucky
well he was on a segway... and i have to be honest, if you have never tried to listen to an authgority figure of any kind while they perched on a segway, and still see them as an authority figure, it is incredibly hard lol.

·
Premium Member
5,611 Posts
Discussion Starter #12
We have one of their malls here and they have the same sign but in only one place, in a small hallway that leads to the restrooms and the mall office. Here in Virginia the sign must be placed in a conspicuous manner at each entrance where it can be readily seen. They hold no power of law just like in your state. When I do go there it is usually for Sears and I go in the actual Sears entrance which is not posted, I have never been asked to leave Sears. When in the actual mall I find a way to conceal because of way too many youngsters and young "adults" who act more like children than adults. I don't want any loudmouth causing me or my family any problems.
The sign here is like 8 paragraphs and the no weapons clause is a single line in the middle

·
Banned
3,119 Posts
I don't even worry about the sign. We have one in VA Beach. I suppose I could walk in through Dick's Sporting Goods, but being that the sign holds no water either way, I don't waste my time. The situation is still the same if I'm discovered whether I walk through Dick's or walk past the sign. I've just keep it out of sight and out of mind, and never had any trouble.

·
Super Moderator
24,656 Posts
You forgot the protocol. Wear the hoodie. Look gangster. Wear your pants real low.........

Hmmmm........that doesn't work with IWB..............

Oops...........maybe skip the mall.

"Authority figure on a Segway."

That does not compute. :rofl:

·
Premium Member
5,957 Posts
I am...but only because i learned they took the dairy queen out of the food court. Other than that i could care less honestly.
Used to be the only thing that would suck me into a mall was Chik-fil-a. But we have those as freestanding stores now, so I'm good.

·
Banned
3,119 Posts
well he was on a segway... and i have to be honest, if you have never tried to listen to an authgority figure of any kind while they perched on a segway, and still see them as an authority figure, it is incredibly hard lol.
Yea mall cops riding Segways lost all their street ced in my eyes after Paul Blart: Mall Cop was released... :rolleyes:

·
Banned
2,569 Posts
Ahh, good old Simon. I stay away from those too unless I absolutely have to go. Then I make sure I'm carrying the smallest gun I feel comfortable with and throwing a light, button up shirt to hide it. If Federal or State law doesn't say I can't have it, no store security is going to get the chance to mouth off about it. As far as movie theaters go, I used to fanny pack carry and if they asked to search I would just ask them if they needed to see my medical device. That left a lot to their imagination and nobody ever went through with their request. All I did was, without them even asking, open up every other pouch to show my wallet, keys, etc. The gun pouch never saw an eye I didn't want seeing it.

I'm in a wheelchair, so I get noticed less simply because of human nature and I can also get away with a lot more than you bipeds can.

·
Banned
19,639 Posts
it was plainly visible...i left the hoodie in the jeep. I CC or OC as my mood dictates. I didnt feel like carryhing the hoodie.
You knew the outcome when you went OC didn't you?

·
Registered
642 Posts
Open carry conceal carry i never let anyone even think I'm carrying, too too much paranoia in this world. Even though i wear a vest i make it a habit to lean in a direction that won't expose my holster, don't touch it don't glance at it make like it doesn't exist, until you absolutely have to use it.

1 - 20 of 114 Posts
Status
Not open for further replies.