Defensive Carry banner

1 - 20 of 29 Posts

·
Registered
1,104 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I had made a post a couple of months ago regarding me getting my first 1911. Well, unfortunately life decided to get in the way and it wouldn't let me go pick it up back then, but the dealer agreed to let me make payments on it so I wouldn't lose it. Well today I made my final payment, ran another background check, and walked out of the store with this:

So now I need to find ammo, a holster, a mag carrier, and the time to run it through it's paces. But that's going to be one of the more fun problems I'll have to deal with.

So anyway, I can now honestly say I've owned a pistol that's not "combat tupperware." :image035:

·
Registered
4,001 Posts
Nice pistol. 1911's are the bomb.

·
Banned
13,685 Posts
Congratulations on your new pistol! Very nice! I know you'll enjoy it. Although I'm not a member of the 1911 clan anymore, I remember the day, and remember my standard issue sidearm. Every time I see one (1911 basic, full size), I get this feeling that's hard to explain. No matter what my interests at the moment....at gun shows, or in the gun shops, in pictures, or here on this forum like yours........I still realize that deep down, I still have this inexplicable bond with those 1911 pistols. The weight, the feel, the operation of it, the sounds, and the texture of just having one of those in my hands just seems so natural. One of these days........but all in due time. I believe there is a reason for everything.
Best of luck with it, and be safe.

·
Registered
4,469 Posts
Beautiful gun. "Welcome to th 1911 club.

·
Super Moderator
22,064 Posts
Congratulations. :congrats:

·
Registered
1,780 Posts
WTG!!!!!! You scored a nice pistol. Be prepared to surrender to the addiction. 1911's will become a passion (and they tend to breed too). Practice a lot, learn your pistol and enjoy!

·
Registered
368 Posts
Congrats! You can't go wrong with a quality 1911! :hand10:

·
Banned
1,706 Posts
And the addiction begains......

·
Premium Member
1,023 Posts
Congratulations. I myself became a member of the 1911 club last June.

Just like Ram Rod said, "The weight, the feel, the operation of it, the sounds, and the texture of just having one of those in my hands just seems so natural."

So far the only problem for me is trying to find .45ACP ammo for it.

·
Super Moderator
50,585 Posts
Very nice pistola...you're gonna' love that gun...:yup::hand10:

·
Premium Member
1,027 Posts
Nice Pistol.... but as sniper58 said, they multiply, fast....

1 - 20 of 29 Posts