Defensive Carry banner

1 - 20 of 52 Posts

·
Registered
141 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I got my Brommeland MaxConV last Thursday. The craftsmanship was superb, just like it has been described repeatedly in this forum! I was not even slightly dissappointed! :hand10:
Mine was a presentation grade with matching mag holder. The holster was tight! I followed Gary's excellent instructions and wrapped my Pro CDP in 2 layers of wax paper. The next night, it was still very snug, I increased with another 2 layers. Today, I practiced some draws, it is still pretty tight. I will need to invest in a thicker, sturdier belt, that should help keep the holster stationary. I have been wearing it around the house and on a few errands around town. I cannot believe how comfortable and well balanced this rig is.
The first time I put it on I wore a T-shirt tucked in and another T-shirt (untucked) as a cover. I walked around the house for hours and my family had no clue that I was carrying! I had to show them. The holster does an awesome job of keeping the weapon pressed to the body, yet the forward cant allows for great grip and release. I was also impressed as to how easy it was to re-holster, one-handed. I carry at 3 o'clock, this allow unhampered access to both my front and back pant pockets.

Gary, thanks for your dedication and craftsmanship! :wave:

Devon

·
Registered
2,034 Posts
The Max-Con V is an awesome holster and will serve you well for many years to come. I love mine and wouldn't trade it for any other holster made, I might trade it for say an Enzo Ferrari, but that's about it. (I'm not kidding):yup:

How long of a wait did you have on the PG Max-Con V?

Ti.

·
Registered
141 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
Good evening Ti,

If memory serves me, I ordered it towards the end of March. I had been waiting patiently, calling Gary a few times to make sure it didn't get lost in the mail! Gary and Remy were very polite and explained where I was in the order and Gary called me directly to let me know he was sending it out. The Brommeland customer service has been great! This was my first custom order and I had no idea the work that is involved in putting one of these together. At one point Gary told me that he had to wait on another shipment of leather, that the stock that he received did not measure up for quality. That impressed me!

It was well worth the wait and I did dance a jig when my wife brought it with her to our son's Little League game!

D-

·
Registered
108 Posts
My Service Grade Max Con V came in the mail last week. I like it more and more everyday.
I showed a little patience stretching the leather with the wax paper and have it exactly how I like it now. What got it just right was to wrap the paper around my pistol so that the slide had more layers around it than the trigger guard. It took a few tries because I didn't want to over do it. The draw is now almost as fast as kydex while retaining that nice secure hold.
Well done Gary.

·
Registered
1,656 Posts
Still waiting for mine to arrive. When I read all the good comments by everyone it just makes the wait longer and more agonizing.
Mike

·
Registered
193 Posts
I feel the same way as you guys do about mine. Mine is a service grade and is simply beautiful. I can't imagine how he can make such a nice piece for $70. Gary and Remy are wonderful to deal with as well.

·
Registered
791 Posts
You guys are killing me! lol I also have a MaxCon V on order and can't wait for it. Devo, glad to hear you are so pleased with yours.

There sure are some great craftsmen and women on this board.

·
Registered
2,034 Posts
devo6684 said:
Good evening Ti,

If memory serves me, I ordered it towards the end of March. I had been waiting patiently, calling Gary a few times to make sure it didn't get lost in the mail! Gary and Remy were very polite and explained where I was in the order and Gary called me directly to let me know he was sending it out. The Brommeland customer service has been great! This was my first custom order and I had no idea the work that is involved in putting one of these together. At one point Gary told me that he had to wait on another shipment of leather, that the stock that he received did not measure up for quality. That impressed me!

It was well worth the wait and I did dance a jig when my wife brought it with her to our son's Little League game!

D-
That is interesting! as I ordered my PG MC-V at the beginning of March and has been better than 16 weeks wait now. I sent Gary a PM on Friday about it but haven't heard back from him yet. I'll give it another day or two and then call if I don't hear anything.:smoke23:

Ti.

·
Registered
470 Posts
Ti Carry said:
That is interesting! as I ordered my PG MC-V at the beginning of March and has been better than 16 weeks wait now. I sent Gary a PM on Friday about it but haven't heard back from him yet. I'll give it another day or two and then call if I don't hear anything.:smoke23:

Ti.
Be patient. I'm at 18 weeks. It will come when you least expect it!!!

·
Registered
10,807 Posts

·
Registered
791 Posts
Not sure about timelines but I believe that service grade holsters get done a bit quicker than presentation grade simply because they take less work. That may be part of the difference in delivery times.

·
Registered
2,034 Posts
SCREWED said:
Screwed, not to get off topic but I believe I saw your Corvette the other day in O'fallon, That is a pretty cool looking vette. If it wasn't yours there is a twin out there like yours.

Ti.

·
Registered
729 Posts
Got my presentation gradeMaxCon V today which I bought from someone else on this forum. It's awesome and I already have two Sparks VMII's, two Sparks Executive Carrys, a DelFatti ISP-LP, Kramer IWB2 and now the MaxConV. To me the MaxCon sits higher than the VMIIs but is extremely comfortable and the worksmanship is superb!! Excellent work Gary, I will buy another. I also managed to get one of your first OWBs (not sure of model) and it's awesome too!

·
Registered
1,275 Posts
Ti and Screwed....I lived in St. Peters for almost four years!!! I know this is off topic, I apologize. I have a buddy that practices in between wentzville and lake st. louis!

back on topic, GB and REMY make an outstanding holster. The website isn't updated, but the service grade is a less expensive, less boned, but same quality holster as the presentation grade. GB just came out with it a few months ago. My next will probably be a service grade as no body will see it. and after seeing some from pics on the forum, they are REALLY nice.

·
Registered
997 Posts
Steve, The Service Grade is a new inovation by Gary Brommeland. It is not in his catalog yet so you have to call and talk to him or his wife, Remy. They will gladly discuss it with you. and are a pleasure to talk with. The Service Grade is the same as the Presentation Grade in all of the essential aspects. It just doesn't have quite as much of the fine, time consuming, work that the PG has. That is not to say that it still is a Beautful piece of Leatherwork. It sells for a good bit less and is delivered much sooner. You can find his contact info here www.brommelandgunleather.com .

·
Registered
698 Posts
mike_1 said:
Still waiting for mine to arrive. When I read all the good comments by everyone it just makes the wait longer and more agonizing.
Mike

+1
Another Mike waiting on his MCV for his XD-45.

·
Registered
1,656 Posts
Mike
Well I hope you have more patience than I do. Feel like a child again. Maybe that's a good feeling :danceban:
Mike

1 - 20 of 52 Posts