Defensive Carry banner
1 - 20 of 57 Posts

·
Registered
1,231 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Welp two guys last Thursday tried to mug me.
This was mostly my own stupidity, but still who tries to mug someone walking barefoot?
I had gotten in an argument with my roommates, which ticked me off so to cool down I took a walk....a 20 mile walk through town. Well about half way through I see two guys walking very intently towards me. I know they are up to no good, call it gut or what ever. They both say to me as they get closer "Hey man give us a cigarette" I say "I dont got one, I havent got anything" They now start yelling at me "Come on give us something, we know you got it" at this point they are about 5 feet away. I tell them then "Guys I havent got anything, Im freaking barefoot" which I point out then. That when the guy on the left yells something and grabs my shirt. I truely lost my temper then and grabbed his hand and twisted it till I heard snapping. After that the other guy charges me, and I start hitting him and his Scum Bag buddy. I finally stop hitting them after they are on the ground, and see 2 more guys running from awhile off towards me. I took off running and kinda got lost for a bit. Needless to say things ended poorly and I got really lucky. I was kicking myself the whole way back home.
One I let them get to close, two I left the house unarmed because I was so mad I didnt trust myself to be armed, and three I spent 2 hours hiding and running to the point that I finally just went to sleep when I got to the house and didn't even call the police till Friday afternoon, and they just said it was a little late to do anything about it.
The one time Im unarmed is the day I get mugged.....
The good news is I didnt get hurt by them, and they got the snot beat out of them for trying to mug me.
The bad news I hurt both hands and left leg from hitting them. I currently am walking with a cane I hurt my left leg so bad.

·
Registered
158 Posts
that could have been much worse. Way to handle yourself!

sorry for the minor injuries, or major leg injury, but things turned out for the best. good thing you didnt stick around for the other 2 fellaz running up.

very glad you're ok!

just a reminder to stay armed..

"need it not have it...have it not need it" yadda yadda..

·
Registered
259 Posts
Wow, I'm glad to hear you are doing fine and the situation was not worse that it turned out to be.

As far as leaving your firearm at home... don't beat yourself up too badly about it. I think you made the right decision. If you were mad enough to take a 20 mile walk barefoot, you probably didn't need to be armed. You recognized that that was not a good frame of mind to be in while armed and you made a wise decision to leave it at home. Quite possibly, those two muggers would be dead and you'd be dealing with the consequences all because you were mad at your roommates.

Congratulations on defending yourself successfully!!! I think you did fine.

·
Registered
106 Posts
I have to say i had a smile on my face picturing the look on your face when you said "i dont have anything im freaking barefoot"

and the smile didn't leave as i pictured you beating the snot out of them barefoot...

A 20 mile walk is quite a walk though i have to say.

Glad you're ok, maybe next time you feel the need to cool down try not to walk into an area with your SA down. Kudos for leaving your firearm when your judgement might not be the best... ive been there.

·
Banned
46 Posts
Wow, I'm glad to hear you are doing fine and the situation was not worse that it turned out to be.

As far as leaving your firearm at home... don't beat yourself up too badly about it. I think you made the right decision. If you were mad enough to take a 20 mile walk barefoot, you probably didn't need to be armed. You recognized that that was not a good frame of mind to be in while armed and you made a wise decision to leave it at home. Quite possibly, those two muggers would be dead and you'd be dealing with the consequences all because you were mad at your roommates.

Congratulations on defending yourself successfully!!! I think you did fine.
+1 I agree!You stated you were not in your normal state of mind,I think it was a good idea to walk away from your argument with friends unarmed!You made the right choice!Glad you are ok,What happened is unfortunate but a lesson for others to learn about the choices they may make!Good for you defending yourself with your barehands.

·
Registered
1,263 Posts
yea - considering how it worked out in the end with only minor injuries, it may have worked out for the best that you didn't have it in this case.

·
Registered
272 Posts
Glad you're OK.

20 mile walk barefoot? Is that a typo? That would be a 5-7 hour walk and I don't know how you feet could take it unless you're a Kenyan marathoner!

·
Registered
635 Posts
yea - considering how it worked out in the end with only minor injuries, it may have worked out for the best that you didn't have it in this case.
I agree. Better to walk away with a couple brusises then having to shoot someone. But I also agree you should of been armed. Lesson learned now let's move on. :smile:

Glad you are OK.....:hand10:

·
Registered
749 Posts
Honestly, I don't see anything in the story that would justify a shoot...so best you didn't have a weapon.

·
Premium Member
4,740 Posts
I'm glad you're ok. I guess someone who can go for a 20 mile walk barefoot can pretty much handle any situation. My only comment is that you should have called the police right away to report an attempted mugging so you'd be on record in case those scumbags decided to report that THEY were mugged!

·
Banned
5,252 Posts
Honestly, I don't see anything in the story that would justify a shoot...so best you didn't have a weapon.
I agree.

The gun was not needed in this case, from where I sit. You proved that you didn't need a gun in this case, although the next one may not go as well.

While I admire you reticence to carry your firearm in this case I do have pause at you wishing you had your gun with you. There was nothing from what I read that would justify having your gun with you, but like I said, the next one may not go as well. Two on one can justify the use of deadly force in some circumstances, even if the assailants are unarmed.

Bumps and bruises heal, soreness goes away. I look at bruises, soreness, aches and pains as nature's way of telling you not to do something again. I'm glad you are not too much the worse for wear.

Take care and stay safe.

Biker

·
Registered
3,209 Posts
You know, in the movies, the GG beats up on the BG and NEVER has an injury from it. Perhaps you should move to Hollywood. :rofl:

Seriously, glad you are OK. I am not sure I would have fared as well as you did. Injuries heal. Pride heals. Learning from the experience...priceless.

·
Registered
1,231 Posts
Discussion Starter · #15 ·
Glad you're OK.

20 mile walk barefoot? Is that a typo? That would be a 5-7 hour walk and I don't know how you feet could take it unless you're a Kenyan marathoner!
Not a typo, I walked 20 miles barefoot.

·
Registered
144 Posts
One time I was approached in a situation similar to this. Lucky for them I was not wearing my boots. I have a black belt and the boots to match. The young punks were eyeing my specimen of a body from across the street. As they approached my cat like reflexes responded to their physical assaults. The first punk blacked out due to my beard being so thick. His friend was not as lucky, he felt the wrath of the back side of my hand. The leader of this makeshift gang was now approaching me. He was smart and rough looking. He did not last long in our fisticuffs due to my Brut Cologne (only a real man can stand the scent of my musk).

·
Registered
195 Posts
Once you fully heal physically I think you may need to go to some anger management classes :rofl:. To walk 20 miles barefoot you must have been really steaming.

Seriously ... glad you walked away from the incident realatively unschathed.

·
Registered
22,908 Posts
One time I was approached in a situation similar to this. Lucky for them I was not wearing my boots. I have a black belt and the boots to match. The young punks were eyeing my specimen of a body from across the street. As they approached my cat like reflexes responded to their physical assaults. The first punk blacked out due to my beard being so thick. His friend was not as lucky, he felt the wrath of the back side of my hand. The leader of this makeshift gang was now approaching me. He was smart and rough looking. He did not last long in our fisticuffs due to my Brut Cologne (only a real man can stand the scent of my musk).
:rofl::bier:

Thats just what I was thinking.

·
Registered
2,342 Posts

Wow.

I'm a triathlete and marathon runner, and I couldn't do that on a bet!

As others have said, it might be a good thing that you weren't armed.....could have turned out real ugly, for you as well as them!

·
Registered
2,031 Posts
Welp two guys last Thursday tried to mug me.
This was mostly my own stupidity, but still who tries to mug someone walking barefoot?
I had gotten in an argument with my roommates, which ticked me off so to cool down I took a walk....a 20 mile walk through town. Well about half way through I see two guys walking very intently towards me. I know they are up to no good, call it gut or what ever. They both say to me as they get closer "Hey man give us a cigarette" I say "I dont got one, I havent got anything" They now start yelling at me "Come on give us something, we know you got it" at this point they are about 5 feet away. I tell them then "Guys I havent got anything, Im freaking barefoot" which I point out then. That when the guy on the left yells something and grabs my shirt. I truely lost my temper then and grabbed his hand and twisted it till I heard snapping. After that the other guy charges me, and I start hitting him and his Scum Bag buddy. I finally stop hitting them after they are on the ground, and see 2 more guys running from awhile off towards me. I took off running and kinda got lost for a bit. Needless to say things ended poorly and I got really lucky. I was kicking myself the whole way back home.
One I let them get to close, two I left the house unarmed because I was so mad I didnt trust myself to be armed, and three I spent 2 hours hiding and running to the point that I finally just went to sleep when I got to the house and didn't even call the police till Friday afternoon, and they just said it was a little late to do anything about it.
The one time Im unarmed is the day I get mugged.....
The good news is I didnt get hurt by them, and they got the snot beat out of them for trying to mug me.
The bad news I hurt both hands and left leg from hitting them. I currently am walking with a cane I hurt my left leg so bad.
Now you know I live in the same town as you! Give up the details of where your attempted mugging occurred and also include the route you took to get a 20 mile walk?!? Did you do the entire Capital Circle??? Tallahassee isn't 20 miles from county line to county line. You had to do some creative route work!

1 - 20 of 57 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.