Defensive Carry banner

1 - 14 of 14 Posts

·
Premium Member
3,237 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Well, I did it. I picked up a Zastava M92 PAP this week. She's going to get a Hogue grip and a Midwest Industries handguard. I'm also happy to report that 7.62x39 is back in stock at Walmart.

:smile:

·
Registered
6,377 Posts
Sweeeet!

·
Registered
9,894 Posts
Nice man !

You going to put a break on it ..I am thinking the 4 piece bulgrian jobs ...I have heard the Manticor ones ..rather loud

·
Premium Member
3,237 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
Nice man !

You going to put a break on it ..I am thinking the 4 piece bulgrian jobs ...I have heard the Manticor ones ..rather loud
Yeah, it's getting a muzzle brake but I haven't decided which one yet.

·
Registered
9,894 Posts
Yeah, it's getting a muzzle brake but I haven't decided which one yet.
Just remember that it takes a odd thread pitch ...

Look at the Bulgrain style 4 piece ..They tend to put the blast more forward

and your going to SBR it or brace it ? Or keep it as is? They make sling mounts that go under the handguards

And also note you will need Yugo pattern rail if you want to swap out the handguars normal AK handguards dont work

All in all a great gun

And if you dont have one with it get a Yugo bolt hold open mag or two to go with it

Reactions: TX expat

·
Premium Member
3,237 Posts
Discussion Starter · #6 ·
Just remember that it takes a odd thread pitch ...

Look at the Bulgrain style 4 piece ..They tend to put the blast more forward

and your going to SBR it or brace it ? Or keep it as is? They make sling mounts that go under the handguards

And also note you will need Yugo pattern rail if you want to swap out the handguars normal AK handguards dont work

All in all a great gun

And if you dont have one with it get a Yugo bolt hold open mag or two to go with it
I'm pretty much sold on the Midwest Industries handguard:

Believe me, I would LOVE to SBR it, but I dread dealing with the paperwork and hassles.

·
Registered
9,894 Posts
I'm pretty much sold on the Midwest Industries handguard:

Believe me, I would LOVE to SBR it, but I dread dealing with the paperwork and hassles.
Dealt with same rail ..GTG .

SBR is not that bad though a bit more fun with prints and such now ..But you can do most of it online

·
Registered
12,686 Posts
AK 47 pistol? Proud & LOUD. Lots of practical defensive applications. Atta' wayta' GO!

Well bought! :congrats:

·
Premium Member
3,237 Posts
Discussion Starter · #10 ·
Well, I couldn't resist. Because I got such a GREAT price on it, and they had more in stock, I went back and grabbed another one:

There's a concern in certain circles that AK variants might get scarce in the next few months, so I decided to make a small investment. I plan to accessorize one and leave the other one stock, at least for now. I also managed to finagle two more STEEL mags in the deal.

·
Premium Member
3,237 Posts
Discussion Starter · #12 ·
Nice gun, been tempted many times.
I haven't fired either of them yet, but I can't wait. I hear they're a handful, but I'm one of those weirdos who actually likes recoil (up to a point).

:smile:

·
Premium Member
3,237 Posts
Discussion Starter · #13 ·
This is a 5.56 AR pistol, but the idea is similar. I have a sling on the way.

·
Registered
428 Posts
I always wondered what the practical application would be for these such pistols but now thanks for this video I see, thanks for sharing... I am wondering how much loss there would be ballistically especially using the 5.56 round, and what kind of limitations one would have re: effective range?

1 - 14 of 14 Posts