Great - that's two members today with good progress - good news :smilez:

·
Registered
1,517 Posts
Feels good doesn't it!!!!

·
Registered
12 Posts
When I got mine I went to Wal-Mart and it really felt weird. I thought when I walked passed the vertical devices used to detect theft that some sort of alarm would go off when I entered the store. I could just imagine the Wal-Mart Greeter diving for the carts! Of course none of that happened. I tell you what, once you start packing you notice other potential CCW's. I used to laugh at guys with fanny packs. But no longer, I view them as allies.

·
Registered
33 Posts
Congratz! just got mine in under 4 weeks too:smile:

·
Registered
822 Posts
Now comes the Flux of the situation.. you have already made a copy so you can get your NH permit right (easy to get and inexpensive) and you are working on your Utah and Florida (and/or) permit right :biggrin:

Congrats, two in one night, fantastic! But do go to packing.org and go ahead and get your NH permit and I myself am working on a Utah permit, thanks to the information from another member, and maybe will get the Florida permit in a couple of months.

Again, congrats!

Wayne

·
Registered
2,686 Posts
Congratulations!. At first you'll be paranoid and feel as if everyone suspects your packing. But you'll eventually get to the point and understand that no one but you, knows that fact!!

What type of holster do you intend to use with your CCW?

·
Registered
5,142 Posts
Congrats!!!!

·
Premium Member
4,740 Posts
Congratulations and welcome to the club! Wayne -
NH permit (easy to get and inexpensive)
thanks for the heads-up. I just mailed my NH non-resident application. Are there any other states that are as easy as NH?

·
Registered
822 Posts
I got NH because it covered more states (for an inexpensive price) then the others that are easy to get. This is the same reason that I'm going after the Utah permit (inexpensive for the permit but here it will cost an additional $25 for the finger print card. The photo is easy, I have a digital camera and a color printer. I don't know how much the class is going to cost and I can get the firearms proficiency letter from the guy that I took my CHL course).

The easiest permits that I've received have been Alaska and Vermont :wink: (the permit system, as it should be for us all as Americans).

Wayne

·
Super Moderator
19,011 Posts
nice. The more people exercising their rights , helps to let the politicians know where we stand.

·
Registered
210 Posts
I recall when I got mine and first few times I carried and was worried that everyone would know I had it or I would be stopped.

Well after some 6 or 7 years, don't even recall now, never been stopped or had anyone even ask if I was carryoing ...

Have used fanny pack, IWB, 5/11 shirt pocket ... you get to the point that you feel you are really missing something if you don't have it with you.

·
Registered
5,134 Posts
congrats on the permit use it in good health

·
Registered
750 Posts
Congrats on getting your license! :congrats:

The first few trips out into the world covertly armed is sort of anticlimactical, when it goes right. A little voice inside says, "This is GREAT!" But then starts to ask, "So, how come nobody seems to to see how great this is?"

That just means your doing it right. :image035:

It's an odd feeling that you just have to keep to yourself. Only places like this Forum will you find people who actually understand that.

mm

1 - 20 of 20 Posts